A brand new ‘Scene’ by Parallel 42 has been released for Microsoft Flight Simulator. The team is back in California and they have poured “passion and soul into crafting an experience that captures the essence of this region.”
The scene has been created to give bush pilots a fun and challenging experience in the backcountry of Northern California. The small scenery product includes a whole host of details such as animated animals, 3D people and plenty of ground objects to immerse you fully into the experience. There are a bunch of amenities that serve well for having fun with friends at this small airfield.
There are plenty of small details throughout the scene that will keep you exploring for time to come. It is also close to other Parallel 42 scene products.
On social media, Edson from Parallel 42 said, “while we bid adieu to Northern California, know that this is just the beginning of our journey. We’re excited to spread our wings and take off to a new area, crafting even more remarkable experiences for backcountry enthusiasts around the world.”
No doubt more scene products will come in due course.
For more on Parallel 42, check out the announcement about a new immersion effects product in the works for Microsoft Flight Simulator, or their Flow Pro add-on. We are still also waiting on their Juice Goose – a drivable buggy in MSFS.
- Runways: 1x 492ft dirt strip, no maintenance
- Helipads: 2x dirt pads, no maintenance
- Approach Considerations: Short runway, sloped downhill at far end.
- Approach Cautions: Federally protected Bald Eagle(s) soaring cliffs, shared runway with ATV/UTV riders, fence a few ft from runway edge.
- Notices: STOL aircraft only, Helicopters OK
- Lighting: N/A
- Windsock: Temporary
- Parking: Very Limited
- Amenities: ATV/UTV trail, dedicated camping area, fishing, dark nights.
- Trails: UTV trail loops around the area, starting behind the barn. Ideal for the //42 Juice Goose
- Services: no restrooms, no drinking water, no weather info, no lights, no fuel. Cell service limited. Restrooms are available nearby at the construction site.
- Objects on or near the runway contain collision boxes.
- The treeline at the end of the runway contains collision boxes.
- Challenging approach onto a short and narrow strip.
- Custom terraforming to better resemble the region as it is IRL.
- Custom 3D library of on-ground assets.
- Micro-scenes at two nearby lakes.
- Working farm with windmill
- Two dirt roads were cleared for Juice Goose driving.
- Perched and soaring Bald Eagles with sound.
- Jumping Frogs in the main lake scene
- ATV doing donuts visible during daylight
- Music lovers scene with a radio station and a dancing guy
- Perfect stop on Northern California Backcountry bush trip adventures.
- A scenic area surrounded by valleys, perfect for exploration.
- Includes Bonus Food Truck and strip in the vicinity. No ICAO, find the map at camp! The food truck closes at Dusk.
- Can you find the bear?