Parallel 42 is back with another ‘Scene’ release, this time, a site called 42HV High Voltage. This farm strip in Paynes Creek, California is just 10 miles from another of Parallel 42’s ‘Scenes’ – 42BC Bush Plane Campout.
As with other ‘Scene‘ projects from Parallel 42, the focus is on the experience at the site, which is aided by some of the features includes. You will be able to find plenty of hazards nearby, not least the power lines that run along the approach to the grass strip. There’s custom 3D ground assets, various creatures roaming the area and a bunch of cool amenities for your virtual pilot to explore after you have touched down.
In the meantime, check out Parallel 42’s other recent release, Stripr.
- Runways: 872ft grass strip, no maintenance, marked helipad.
- Helipads: 1 grass, poorly maintained
- Approach Considerations: Side-sloped runway. From the East, hug terrain off the right wing and turn in over the cattle shack. From the West, dive in after power lines near stall speeds.
- Approach Cautions: Be alert for cattle on field & CAUTION POWER LINES!
- Notices: No low-wing aircraft beyond fence.
- Lighting: None
- Windsock: Portable windsock near the fence.
- Parking: Limited
- Amenities: Dedicated camping area, fishing, dark nights.
- Services: no restrooms, no drinking water, no weather info, no lights, no fuel. Cell service limited. Most services available down the road at the old country store.
- Multiple objects and hazards on approach or near runway contain collision boxes.
- Challenging approach onto a short and narrow valley strip.
- Custom terraforming to better resemble the region as it is IRL
- Custom 3D library of on-ground assets.
- Custom soundscape near power lines, campgrounds, & cows.
- Perfect stop on Northern California Backcountry bush trip adventures.
- Can you find the bear? What about the chicken that crossed the road?