Developer FlightFX has been creating a name for themselves in flight-sim development well before the release of their popular SF50 VisionJet. Their just-released DuPage Airport (KDPA) in the U.S. state of Illinois scenery joins Chicago Executive Airport (KPWK) in the FlightFX Chicagoland airport scenery portfolio. According to FlightFX’s Nick Sdoucos, “Projects like these, although not for everyone, help keep the wheels going while we work on some of the other more recognizable things like the Piaggio, etc.”
DuPage Airport is located 30 miles (48 km) west of Chicago, Illinois, U.S.A. It is home to the largest concentration of corporate aircraft in the state and offers a variety of amenities including a 7,570-foot (2307 meter) runway, an on-site U.S. Customs office, and the largest operational maintenance staff of any general aviation airport in Illinois. DuPage Airport is Illinois’s only general aviation airport with four active runways, two ILS approaches, and a 24-hour FAA Air Control Tower.
Built in close coordination with the DuPage Airport Authority, FlightFX’s representation of KDPA features high-resolution photographic textures, undulating runways, interior modeled hangars and other key structures, and more.
*Please note, at the time of publication the sales link for KDPA on Flightsim.to was not yet active.
- Reworked taxiways and signage
- High-res photographic textures
- Custom ground plane
- Custom rotating radar facility
- Manual unwrapping of all UVW maps
- Custom emissive night-lighting textures
- Bespoke details and highlights
- Accurate landscaping
- Natural, undulating runways
- Interior modeling of key structures
- In-hangar parking spaces to add realism
- Interior modeled hangars
- Hand-crafted commercial signage around the airport
- Static GA and Corporate aircraft
- Reworked landscaping
- Ambient lighting improvements