In a post on their Facebook page, Pacific Islands Simulation (or PacSim for short), announced the release of version 2.0 for their Reno-Tahoe Intl (KRNO) airport addon for Microsoft Flight Simulator.
This update will make several key changes to the Nevada airport including adjusting the runways to the new 35L/R, 17L/R, and 08-26 designations. Additional tweaks include changes to heights, textures, taxiway lines, and more to bring this airport closer to the real deal.
In addition to the above-mentioned tweaks, PacSim has added additional buildings including the Renown Hospital, Veteran’s Hospital, and Ramada Hotel. PacSim has also created custom animated jetways with box-numbered stands, wigwag lights to runway hold-short points, and 2 helipads in the airport’s GA and military areas. There are plenty of other updates that as a package will make for quite the overhaul to this airport offering. For a full update log, see below.
- Adjusted runways’ designations to new 35L/R-17L/R and 08-26
- Corrected concourses’ height and updated textures with PBR maps
- Color-corrected and desaturated concourse wall textures
- Removed old/Added new ground taxiway line textures
- Added ground texture grunge on taxiways/apron areas
- Added more downtown buildings and night lighting textures
- Added Renown Hospital
- Added Veteran’s Hospital
- Added Ramada Hotel (prominent view on approach to 17R/L)
- Created new custom animated jetways and included box-numbered stands to jetway rotundas
- Added wigwag lights to all rwy hold-short points
- Removed old/Added new ground support equipment for airlines
- Removed AI ground traffic crossing runways/taxiways intermittently
- Adjusted all gate parking stops
- Assigned correct airline parking gates in XML
- Adjusted night lighting inside terminal/concourse
- Added tons of custom buildings (car dealerships, warehouses, shops, school, hotels, etc) within the airport vicinity
- Added 2 Helipads at the GA and Military areas