Developer Boundless got in touch over the weekend to share some exclusive new previews for Dublin Airport in X-Plane 11. In addition, we also learned that they intend to release the airport very soon.
This new Dublin scenery will come with a range of features that Boundless is known for. From the use of up-to-date HD Ortho imagery (sources from August 2021) to the fully modelled terminals and nearby buildings. There is also full use of 4K PBR texturing, 3D grass and trees, custom vehicles and the implementation of SAM jetways. Across the airport, you will also find thousands of accurately placed objects and textures to bring the airport to life.
We also were able to learn that Dublin Airport will be available for customers as of Friday, May 13th 2022. This date is subject to change if anything pops up between now and release, but Boundless seem confident that they should be able to stick to this plan. Of course, the team will elect to delay by a week or so to “ensure everything is working perfectly, rather than rushing final details to hit a target.”
Finally, Boundless also confirmed that Dublin will release at a price cheaper than alternative Dublin scenery in the market. When Dublin Airport releases on May 13th 2022, the airport will cost £19.99.
We’ll be sure to follow any further development progress and update you accordingly. For now, enjoy these exclusive previews for the Irish airport coming soon to X-Plane.
- Up to date HD Ortho imagery sourced from August 2021
- Fully custom terminals, airport buildings and nearby buildings
- Partial terminal interiors modelled
- Custom 4K PBR SAM Jetways
- Custom HD forests and vegetation
- 3D Grass
- 3D trees (FPS friendly)
- Custom vehicles (airside and landside)
- Accurate layout as of early 2022
- Fully custom road traffic
- Fully custom airport ground traffic
- Optional HD PBR static aircraft (FPS Friendly)
- Fully custom dynamic lighting reflecting real world colours
- 4K PBR ground textures including reflective puddles and ‘wet look’ areas of aprons
- Fully accurate ground markings, including accurately modelled cracks / wear & tear
- Full Traffic Global compatibility
- Thousands of accurately placed objects and textures