FlyingIron Simulations has released their P-38L Lightning for Microsoft Flight Simulator. The P-38L is an iconic looking warbird that saw its first action during WWII. The plane has a distinctive twin boom tail with a central nacelle containing the cockpit. The P-38L was used in a varied range of combat roles, such as fighter-bomber, night fighter, escort fighter and pathfinder. The plane was particularly successful in the Pacific Theatre of Operations, most notably by executing the mission against general Yamamoto, who’s plane was shot down in the raid that led to his death.
FlyingIron Simulations rendition of the plane aims to be just as much of a handful to fly as the real plane. It features extensive system simulations that will have you pay attention at engine management and cooling systems. The plane has been rebuilt with authenticity in mind, but there is also an option for modern avionics with a modern radio and transponder kit. The plane includes high quality Wwise sounds, and features optional drop tanks for long range missions.
FlyingIron Simulations P-38L Lightning is available for $45 AUD, tax included.
- High-quality, extensively detailed and accurate 3D Model & texturing brings to life every rivet, screw & oil streak of the P-38L
- Immersive Wwise Sound design built from professional recordings of a real P-38 and Allison V-1710. Highly dynamic sound design captures each detail of flight in stereo; dynamic wind noise, drag & buffer sounds, high-g effects, airframe stress & so much more!
- 9 included liveries, including Richard Bong’s iconic livery. Professional quality nose art included in many liveries.
- Detailed & Extensive simulations of the Lightnings core systems, including accurate, code-driven replications of the Lightnings Fuel, Engine, Cooling and Electrical Systems.
- Incredibly realistic Flight Model created by our newest team member, the highly respected GotGravel!
- Custom code-driven heat & thermodynamics modelling, extensive engine management simulation
- Realistic Engine Start-up modelling (don’t forget your checklists!)
- Optional Drop Tanks
- Custom damage modelling & failures, including heat damage & operating limits
- 3D GNS 430 fully integrated into the cockpit (optional)
- Modern Radio / Transponder Unit
- Inclusion of FlyingIron’s UI Tablet (optional). The tablet incorporates many useful GUI features and puts them in an easily accessible and realistic in-cockpit Touchscreen Tablet.
- Interactive checklists available to guide you through start-up and flight procedures