FlyingIron Simulations is back with a new warbird. After covering some of the allied planes, such as the famous Spitfire, the P-38 Lightning and the F6F Hellcat, this time the team is moving on to the axis side, with the release of the German Messerschmitt Bf 109 G-6.
The Bf 109 is one of the most famous World War II fighters, known for its distinctive design and of course being the main opponent of the allied forces on the European front. The aircraft is the most produced fighter plane ever, with nearly 35.000 units built in total. The Bf 109 was flown by several all-time top scoring ace pilots such as Erich Hartmann and Ilmari Juutilainen. The specific model developed by FlyingIron Simulations, the G-6, was the most produced version of the aircraft. It’s recognisable by its ‘Beule‘ blisters over the gun breeches and powered by a Daimler-Benz 605-A V-12 engine. Most Bf 109’s were destroyed after the war, and the number of surviving aircraft is quite small, especially the airworthy ones.
FlyingIron Simulations Bf 109G-6 promises to be their most detailed and authentic simulation to date. The plane comes with high quality custom modelling and textures, something we have come to expect from them. The sound of the DB605 engine has been captured from four different angles, ensuring and authentic soundscape while using this plane from both the cockpit and the external view. The plane features custom flight modelling with realistic performance behaviors that have been validated by real Bf 109 pilots and experts. On top of that, the team has recreated several of the aircraft’s systems accurately and faithfully, such as the electrical system, fuel and hydraulics system and more, to make your flying experience as realistic as possible.
FlyingIron Simulations Bf 109G-6 is available for $45 AUD from their website. The plane will come to the MSFS Marketplace in a few weeks time. It should be noted that the Marketplace version will lack any of the visible armament.
- Lovingly detailed, AAA quality 3D Artwork with 10 liveries included.
- Immersive Wwise Soundscape; including our most detailed engine sound capture yet – hear the unique scream of the Daimler-Benz DB 605A from all angles with not one, but FOUR unique engine captures (3 external + cockpit). Buzz the tower with the brilliant FlyingIron Flyby sound technology.
- Incredibly authentic Flight Modelling – we have been collaborating for almost a year with 109 pilots, DB 605A experts & technicians to develop a truly realistic model of the airframe & engine flight dynamics. The flight & engine models have been exhaustively tested by a team of experts to validate flight performance & behaviours. The flight model includes multiple custom-coded additions to extend realism beyond what’s possible in the base simulator.
- Extensive, faithful recreation of the Bf 109’s multiple systems – powered by our custom codebase to ensure each aspect of system simulation is faithfully recreated & futureproof against Sim updates. This includes extensive modelling of fuel & hydraulic systems, emergency systems and much more. Even the J30BZ Chronograph is simulated!
- Detailed modelling of the DB 605A-1 V-12 engine – we have made exhaustive efforts to recreate every facet of this beautiful engine. Our engine model uses custom thermodynamics & engine physics developed in-house over several years and refined for the Bf 109. Oil temperature, pressure & viscosity are among the many features accurately simulated – which means that failures are possible too!
- All-new electrical modelling captures every detail in the electrical system, down to the smallest bulb. Electrical failures & circuit breakers are present and fully functional.
- Custom ground handling physics & landing gear models developed for the 109 to capture the unique ground handling & landing gear system. The landing gear can be damaged & collapsed; be sure to watch those landings and read up on emergency procedures!
- Beautiful UV cockpit lighting – each light is individually designed and each casting real ambient light for a breathtaking night flight experience.
- Experience true immersion with dynamic cockpit vibrations, animated fuel line bubbles, a functional gunsight and much more!
- Full integration of the FlyingIron Pilot’s Tablet – which includes UX features such as Autopilot, various aircraft options, realism settings, data monitoring, weight & balance page and much more. All tablet settings are saved & persistent, so you can set & forget!