A brand new utility tool for Prepar3D v4/v5 has been released that will add new Clear Air Turbulence (CAT) effects to your simulator. Developed by the same group that released the turbulence products for various locations around the world, this new product covers the entire globe in one product.
RealTurb CAT Areas Global constructs a 3D envelope of these clear air turbulent areas in the world and takes into account other parameters to create a turbulent effect on any aircraft in the simulator. As per their product page, “an aircraft being within the CAT area but near the defined vertical edges will most likely encounter less severe turbulence compared to being in the “core” of the CAT area. Similarly, a CAT area with a weakening (WKN) trend will give less severe turbulence compared to an area with intensifying (INTSF) trend etc.”
You can get an idea of what to expect based on the video provided.
RealTurb’s CAT Areas Global is a standalone product but has been designed to work in conjunction with Active Sky for the best experience.
- Global coverage of real world CAT areas
- Able to retrieve up to 15 days old worldwide CAT areas (Historic mode requires Activesky and follows Activesky’s date and time in historic mode)
- Realistic turbulence effects
- Realistic wind shifting effects (Requires Activesky)
- Easy installation and usage
- No user input/setup required for the effects to work. All is analyzed automatically!
- Compatible just with default Prepar3D v4/v5, however to get the best out of it, Activesky is recommended.
- Compatible with any aircraft, being default or add-on
- Compatible with the rest of RealTurb effects packages (Requires RealTurb version 2.0 free update)