Yet another hotfix for Lockheed Martin’s Prepar3D v5.3 has been released.
The new hotfix update appears to fix a number of issues that caused intermittent stuttering and performance drops, along with some atmospheric issues. These two issues have been somewhat prevalent in many forums and social media groups, so seeing this fixed will be positive for the community.
There are some other improvements, too, along with a number of fixes. For example, a bug that caused the sim to crash when entering/exiting VR mode.
For those that are looking for more information on affinity mask capabilities, some new documentation has also been added.
“If Prepar3D was installed before updating to the hotfix it is strongly recommended to run the “Delete Generated Files” shortcut in Prepar3D’s installation directory after installing the hotfix and before running Prepar3D for the first time. This will revert Prepar3D to its default settings but may also impact the installation of add-ons.”Prepar3D website.
It’s worth noting that some third-party products may require an update in order to be compatible with Prepar3D v5.3 Hotfix 1. You can see our compatibility list that was correct prior to the hotfix being released.
You can read more about what improvements Prepar3D v5.3 brought in our last post.
Prepar3D v5.3 Hotfix 2 Changelog
Client Fixes and Improvements
- Fixed issue causing intermittent stuttering and performance drops in some cases.
- Fixed issue causing atmospheric scattering to be misaligned from the sun position in some cases.
- Improved performance when processing vector shape data.
- Fixed issue causing stars to be dim when Enhanced Atmospherics is disabled.
- Improved HTML5 panel performance.
- Fixed bug where having mouse yoke active when entering full screen would keep mouse cursor confined to window’s previous size.
- Fixed crash when reloading a scenario after entering and exiting VR using HTML5 infogen.
- Added documentation for new affinity mask capabilities.
- Fixed issue preventing visual runway approaches from being available for all runways.
- Fixed issue where OpenDIS VariableDatum class did not support more than 128 bytes of data.
- Added acceleration to DIS Entity State PDU.
Content Fixes and Improvements
- Fixed issue preventing HIMARS textures from displaying correctly.
Scenery Fixes and Improvements
- Removed several unused textures.
- Fixed position of PAKT runway.