Sound pack developer Immersive Audio recently dropped their JT8D Immersion sound pack for P3D. This sound pack has been exclusively developed for Fly The Maddog X for P3D.
One of the most iconic airliner engines, the JT8D is a low-bypass turbofan engine developed by American engine manufacturer Pratt and Whitney. The engine type was introduced on the Boeing 727 and has gone through several iterations to power the Boeing 737-100/200, McDonnell Douglas DC-9, and McDonnell Douglas MD-80. More than 14,000 units of the JT8D have been produced, totaling over half a billion flight hours and more than 350 operators. As a result, the type is one of the most popular low-bypass turbofan engines ever produced.
Immersive Audio’s JT8D sound pack has been crafted to produce highly accurate and high-definition engine sounds. The sound pack includes two engine sound versions, immersive and authentic. Immersive mimics the engine sounds experienced by passengers sitting next to the engines on the MD-80, while authentic reflects the quieter engine sounds heard from the cockpit of the MD-80. Immersive Audio has even simulated the compressor bass, iconic engine buzz, and the thump heard during engine start-up. The pack also includes ground roll sounds, wind noise, and optimized bass-shaker sounds to fully immerse pilots.
You can purchase Immersive Audio’s JT8D Immersion sound pack from simMarket €13.80. As noted on the developer’s Facebook page, their JT8D sound pack for MSFS is still in-progress.
- Completely authentic JT8D-200 high definition sounds.
- Two versions of engine sounds included – customers practically get two soundpacks in one!
- Both version have completely distinctive sounds, including startup and shutdown.
- Characteristic thump sound during engine startup, authentic compressor bass and iconic engine buzz.
- Highly accurate external engine sounds with full sound cones.
- High quality groundroll sound.
- Wind noise
- Optimized sounds for Buttkicker and other bass-shakers