Developers Jonx, Got Gravel and 270 Inc have collaborated together under a new developer name, Got Friends, to release the Gee Bee R3 Special for Microsoft Flight Simulator. The aircraft comes with a number of features that allow for thrilling, fun and competitive flying in the simulator.
Described as a “real beast of an aircraft,” the Gee Bee R3 Special is a fast aircraft designed specifically for competitive air racing. The aircraft will come equipped with the GTN 750, smoke trails and the ability to use Nitrous oxide to boost your speed to get a competitive edge over those you’re flying with. Also modelled is the pneumatic speed brakes that dramatically affect the aerodynamics. This opens up for some interesting manoeuvres in the sky, but more importantly, will help you slow down when it comes to landing.
This unique aircraft has been developed with some experienced people behind it so we’re expecting something good to come from it.
You can buy the Got Friends Gee Bee R3 Special from simMarket for €12.67. Alternatively, you can buy it from the newly launched Flightsim.to store for $15.00.
If competitive flying is your thing, check out the trailer for the upcoming Reno Air Races DLC coming to Microsoft Flight Simulator, or find out what Interview with Jorg Neumann on WU6, Helicopters, Racing, eSports and MoreJorg had to say about how the sim can be used for eSports in the future.
- Auto-Start Ignition Set
- Fully Clickable Cockpit
- Custom Exterior Lights and Interior Annunciation Lights
- GNS430/330 Set with In-Flight Swappable GTN750 Set (PMS50 Mod Required)
- Nitrous Oxide (NOS) Boost and Quantity Gauge
- Smoke Switches with Multiplayer Compatibility (White, Red, Blue, Green, Orange)
- Cursor Hover Information on all Gauges
- Realistic Flight Model
- Landing Effects (Water, Rain, Dirt, Snow, Dry), Exhaust Effects & Heating Effects
- 250 Kts (Max Speed) (+25% NOS Boost Increase)
- 9 Liveries Included
- 2 Sub-Models Included (VR Ready, The Rocketeer)