Following the success of the Bell 47 for Microsoft Flight Simulator, the development team at FlyInside has released their critically acclaimed helicopter for X-Plane 11. The FlyInside Bell 47-G2 for X-Plane includes everything in the MSFS version but is designed to take full advantage of the unique features of Laminar Research’s simulator.
The FlyInside Bell 47 for X-Plane 11 comes with a realistic flight model that has been developed and tested by an experienced pilot. This level of detail in the flight model means that full helicopter physics such as translational lift, ground effect, transverse flow and auto-rotation have all been added to the simulation of the helicopter. You’ll have to be careful though as the Bell 47 comes with failures and will react accordingly to those who perform dangerous manoeuvres. Vortex ring state, retreating blade stall and engine failures are all modelled here.
Aside from the flight model, the FlyInside team has created a detailed 3D model with high-quality PBR texturing. There are also a number of realism settings to allow you to customise the difficulty of controlling this unique helicopter. Those who are experienced with flying helicopters can have a realistic experience, whilst those new to Bell 47s can adjust the settings to have a simpler ride as they develop their skills.
If you want to learn a little more about the Bell 47-G2 from FlyInside, you can read the online manual here.
- Revolutionary and realistic flight model, developed and tested by an experienced Bell 47 pilot
- Support for full helicopter flight physics including effective translational lift, ground effect, transverse flow, flap-back, auto-rotation, and more
- Support for failures and dangerous flight regimes including vortex ring state, engine failure, and retreating blade stall
- Detailed 3D model with high quality PBR textures and animated drive and control systems
- Realistic startup and shutdown procedures
- Highly customizable realism settings allow for a smooth, easier flight model for those who are less experienced, and a hardcore, realistic flight model for the veterans experienced with the complex and challenging flight dynamics of helicopters