The FlyInside team released their second helicopter, the Bell 206, for Microsoft Flight Simulator.
FlyInside has been dedicated to delivering high quality helicopter add-ons for your home simulation since the release of their first add-on, the Bell 47 helicopter. Their first release came even before the Asobo team announced official support for helicopter simulation. Now with default helicopter add-ons available and a fully fledged simulation for helicopters, many simmers are flocking towards the challenge of flying rotorcraft.
The Bell 206 is used by civilians and militaries alike and is sure to please helicopter simmers. FlyInside worked closely with an experienced 206 pilot to achieve the type of realism that this iconic helicopter deserves. The add-on includes custom flight dynamics, realistic responses for all of the helicopter’s control inputs, and even the simulation of autorotations and quick-stops. For those that like to spice things up, the team also included support for multiple failures as well as interactive circuit breakers. A neat feature not seen in many add-ons is the inclusion of a HeliManager which allows you to tailor your flight controls to match your desired response for your joystick setup. The features don’t stop there though. You can open hatches, windows, doors, and cockpit vents as well as interact with a variety of cockpit lights to suit your preferences. For a full feature list, see below.
If a fully-modeled helicopter tickles your fancy, you can head over to their website and pick up a copy for $37.95.
- Revolutionary and realistic flight model, developed and tested by an experienced 206 pilot
- Support for full helicopter flight physics including effective translational lift, ground effect, transverse flow, flap-back, auto-rotation, and more
- Support for failures and dangerous flight regimes including vortex ring state, engine failure, and retreating blade stall
- Detailed 3D model with high quality PBR textures and animated drive and control systems
- Live inspection doors with 3d turbine, transmission, and internal models
- Openable doors and windows
- Dynamic and adjustable night lighting
- Realistic startup and shutdown procedures
- Fully interactive cockpit with full systems, switches, and circuit breaker
- High-fidelity audio based upon 100+ sound effects, including switches and latch sounds recorded from the real thing
- Highly customizable realism settings allow for a smooth, easier flight model for those who are less experienced, and a hardcore, realistic flight model for the veterans experienced with the complex and challenging flight dynamics of helicopters