Developed by the famous Howard Hughes, The XF-11 is a prototype aircraft built during World War II as a reconnaissance plane, but due to delays was eventually scrapped as the USAAF cancelled its orders. The first prototype of the aircraft crashed, and the second only flew briefly. The program’s controversy led the U.S. Senate to investigate Hughes’ famous H-4 Hercules.
Flying Fries’ rendition of the XF-11 aims to be authentic to the original. The team has spent months going over old drawings, schematics and photos to recreate this aircraft as faithfully as possible. The flight model is using the latest technologies available in MSFS, with a CFD flight model, new propeller simulation and the new fuel system.
The plane also offers plenty more to discover beyond the flight dynamics. There is a detailed cockpit and navigator area, or you can crawl into the photographer seat in the front of the aircraft and observe the world below.
System-wise, the aircraft features a complex electrical system with functioning circuit breakers, a complex fuel system with multiple tanks and pumps and an age-appropriate auto-pilot. A Garmin GNS 530 can also be enabled if so desired.
Flying Fries’ Hughes XF-11 is available for €25,93 exclusively through flightsim.to.
- Highly detailed 4K textures.
- Engines, landing gear bays, two cockpit decks, etc. fully modeled and textured.
- Precise CFD flight model.
- Era-correct auto-pilot installed.
- Random failures available with various severity levels – disabled by default.
- Garmin GNS 530 available with one click.
- Fully compatible with Garmin GTN 750 by PMS50 if installed.
- Aircraft configuration and refueling via the clipboard (no need for the fuel and payload menu).
- Complex electrical system with functioning circuit breakers.
- Complex fuel system with 7 tanks, 10 pumps and so many routing possibilities!
- Variable propeller pitch with feathering and reverse pitch.
- Engine and ground roll vibration effects on the levers and needles.
- Custom interior lighting with dimmable lights and UV lights.
- Interactive exterior static elements (remove the chocks or plug the GPU manually if you want).
- 7 liveries included.
- 4 LODs for performance optimization in multiplayer.
- A lot of custom sound effects.
- Custom visual effects: Epic smoke when you start the engines, fuel leaks, etc.
- Interactive in-game checklists with all the highlits and cameras you need.
- A long, detailed and illustrated user manual.
- A few hidden easter eggs!