Burning Blue Design has released its latest airport for Microsoft Flight Simulator, Tattenhill Airfield (EGBM).
Tatenhill Airfield is a medium-sized general aviation airfield in the village of Needwood in Staffordshire, England. Established in the early 1940s during the Second World War as RAF Crossplains and later as RAF Tatenhill, the airfield was used by a variety of aircraft, including Spitfires, Hurricanes, and Lancasters. It was also a major training base for RAF pilots.
After the war, the airfield went through a number of changes and uses including hosting glider clubs and private aviation flights. During the 1980s, the airfield underwent modernisation with a new paved runway and up-to-date facilities. Today, Tatenhill Airfield is a popular flight training club, offering a range of courses and is also home to the Midlands Air Ambulance Charity (MAAC).
Burning Blue Design’s rendition includes over 130 custom 3D objects each with full PBR texturing, highly detailed modelling of the terminal and surrounding buildings, interiors, high-resolution, colour-corrected ground textures, custom realistic static aircraft, accurate night lighting and more.
You can purchase Tatenhill Airfield (EGBM) for Microsoft Flight Simulator from the Burning Blue Design online store for £12.95 here.
- Over 130 custom 3D objects each with full Physical Based Rendering (PBR) textures.
- Based on an up-to-date layout with accurate runways, recently paved taxiways and custom taxi signs.
- Highly detailed control tower and cafe interiors.
- Completely custom-animated windsock.
- Real-life static aircraft based at Tatenhill.
- G-TALA Cessna 152 (Tatenhill Aviation).
- G-TALO Cessna F152 (Tatenhill Aviation).
- G-TALX Bellanca Decathlon (Tatenhill Aviation).
- G-HWAA Eurocopter EC135 (Midlands Air Ambulance).
- G-BMFP Piper PA28 Warrior II (Aerobility).
- XX900 Blackburn Buccaneer.
- Full night lighting and dynamic weather compatibility.
- Enhanced high-resolution colour-corrected ground textures.