Steeped in history, the UK’s Wickenby Airfield comes to life in Microsoft Flight Simulator in Burning Blue Design’s latest release.
The Lincolnshire airfield has been accurately recreated after on-site visits by the Burning Blue team, allowing a highly authentic and up-to-date depiction of the historically significant airfield.
Home to numerous bomber squadrons during World War II, including the iconic Lancaster Bomber, post-war the airfield has become a hive of activity for general aviation as a home for various flying clubs, hosting vintage fly-ins and airshows.
The team’s scenery features real-life static aircraft seen at Wickenby, such as a Hawker Hunter F.6 Survivor, De Havilland DH.82 Tiger Moth and even an Armstrong Whitworth SeaSlug MK1 – first-generation surface-to-air missile.
Additionally, a fully working signal square will test pilot’s theoretical knowledge of symbols used to navigate safely, full custom night lighting and over 90 custom 3D objects each with full Physical Based Rendering (PBR) textures.
And don’t forget to check out the accurately depicted café on your next visit!
You can purchase a copy of Burning Blue Design Wickenby Airfield from their website for £12.95.
- Over 90 custom 3D objects each with full Physical Based Rendering (PBR) textures.
- Based on May 2023 layout.
- Full custom night lighting.
- Animated hangar doors which close at night.
- Animated main gate which closes at night.
- Working Signal Square.
- Completely custom windsock.
- Animated spectators.
- Real-life static aircraft seen at Wickenby
- High resolution colour corrected ground textures taken from Bing maps and manipulated for consistency and realism.
- Enhanced local surroundings