After a week of community voting, the airports for VATSIM’s bi-annual Cross the Pond event have been announced. This year’s event will take place on Saturday, 28th of October with departures originating from airports in North America, Canada, South America, and the Caribbean setting their sights on eastbound destinations across Europe and Africa.
For over 20 years, Cross The Pond has been the largest and longest-running event on VATSIM. Twice each year, over 1000 pilots take to the virtual skies while more than 200 controllers work diligently to provide professional air traffic control service over the ocean and the continents.
The airports for CTP 2023 Eastbound are as follows.
VATSIM CTP 2023 Departing Airports:
- John F. Kennedy International – JFK/KJFK
- Boston Logan Intl – BOS/KBOS
- Toronto Pearson – YYZ/CYYZ
- Princess Juliana International Airport – SXM/TNCM
- Orlando International Airport – MCO/KMCO
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport – ATL/KATL
- Halifax Stanfield International Airport – YHZ/CYHZ
- Winnipeg International – YWG/CYWG
- Presidente Juscelino Kubitschek – Brasília – BSB/SBBR
- El Dorado International Airport – BOG/SKBO
- Luis Muñoz Marín International Airport – SJU/TJSJ
- Punta Cana International Airport – PUJ/MDPC
VATSIM CTP 2023 Arriving Airports:
- London Heathrow – LHR/EGLL
- Frankfurt am Main – FRA/EDDF
- Amsterdam Airport Schiphol – AMS/EHAM
- Vienna International Airport – VIE/LOWW
- Brussels Zaventem Airport – BRU/EBBR
- Stockholm Arlanda – ARN/ESSA
- Cape Town Intl – CPT/FACT
- Felix Houphouet Boigny Intl – ABJ/DIAP
- Blaise Diagne Intl – DSS/GOBD
- Mohammed V – CMN/GMMN
- Tunis–Carthage – TUN/DTTA
- Roma Fiumicino Leonardo da Vinci – FCO/LIRF
To keep up to date on the event, you can visit VATSIM’s CTP website or follow VATSIM’s social media channels and look for the hashtag #CTP23E
Are you flying in CTP 2023 Eastbound? If so, let us know what route you’re flying in the comments below. Want to know more about Cross the Pond and how the team pulls off this huge event each year? Check out our Behind the Scene editorial where we spoke to them about last year’s event.