PMDG has released a new update for their 737 line of products that sees a major focus on enhancing the Universal Flight Tablet (UFT).
Many of the changes are improvements or bug fixes, which have been pointed out by the community (and us) over the past week since its original release. This includes a new map tiling server, better virtual keyboard support and other quality of life improvements. You can see the full changelog down below.
In this post on the PMDG forums, Robert said, “since the release of our PMDG 777 for Prepar3D back in 2012, PMDG has taken the view that part of the value you get in your PMDG product is our ongoing commitment to post-release commitment to our work.” He continued saying, “generally speaking, we build in 5+ years of development/features and improvements into every product we sell- and this is true of our new product lines in Microsoft Flight Simulator as well!”
If you want to learn more about the tablet device, check out our first look video:
You can obtain the update via the Ops Center or your download account on PMDG’s website. The update will be coming to the in-sim Marketplace just as soon as possible.
You can learn more about other PMDG news in our past post.
- 0012611: [EFB – Performance and Computational] Dynamic calculation of OPT derate when OPTIMUM selected (emvaos)
- 0012476: [EFB – Simbrief] CRZ data on dashboard’s Flight Details is unclear, not useful (cbpowell)
- 0012751: [EFB – General] Change the order of OAT/WIND/QNH to WIND/OAT/QNH, like every OPT, to match the sequence of the METAR (cbpowell)
- 0012674: [EFB – General] ICAO entry fails using Onscreen Keyboard for certain ICAOs (rmurdoch)
- 0012720: [EFB – General] CTD when zooming quickly on map (rmurdoch)
- 0012736: [EFB – Performance and Computational] OPT LDA calculated incorrectly if using meters for units (cbpowell)
- 0012730: [EFB – General] Issue when entering wights with the virtual keyboard (rmurdoch)
- 0012723: [EFB – General] On screen keyboard is missing the / symbol (rmurdoch)
- 0012731: [EFB – Performance and Computational] OPT runway heading field should accept both 360 and 0 degrees (rmurdoch)
- 0012741: [EFB – General] Replace METAR parser with a more robust solution (rmurdoch)
- 0012744: [EFB – General] Implement new map tiling server in the tablet (rmurdoch)
- 0012592: [EFB – Performance and Computational] Runways below a certain length should not be displayed nor selectable (cbpowell)
- 0012579: [EFB – Performance and Computational] Permit OPT wind entry as + / – value to represent head and tail wind (cbpowell)
- 0012710: [EFB – Performance and Computational] Display runway slope percentage to a decimal precision (cbpowell)
- 0012690: [EFB – Performance and Computational] Invalid landing solutions should be clearly messaged on OPT pages (cbpowell)
- 0012675: [EFB – Performance and Computational] METAR parser cannot parse M00 temperature, does not load any OAT on OPT pages (rmurdoch)
- 0012581: [EFB – General] METAR not showing when there is /// on certain fields (rmurdoch)
- 0012725: [EFB – Performance and Computational] Permit user editing of runway elevation and length in OPT pages (cbpowell)
- 0012743: [EFB – General] Downloaded simbrief wx/rte files have trailing garbage characters (cbpowell)
- 0012618: [EFB – General] METAR display missing in certain unparseable situations (rmurdoch)
- 0012679: [EFB – Performance and Computational] Incorrect Takeoff Runway Length for KJFK 31L (cbpowell)