A brand new update for the Fly the Maddog X MD-80 is in the works and will be released soon.
Two new features are coming to the product that will allow you to better connect to external applications. The first is CPDLC air to air messaging will be made available. The second is the introduction of the Navigraph Charts app to the onboard EFB (which will require a Navigraph subscription).
Further to the new features, a range of fixes have also been added to the upcoming update. Many of which will be found in the CMA900 FMS, but there have also been some fixes to the track magenta line in PLAN mode. Below is a temporary changelog provided by the developers and there may be more changes and fixes to come before it is made available.
This update is planned for Microsoft Flight Simulator, but Leonardo Softhouse has also said that they are planning on releasing a new update for the Prepar3D v4 and Prepar3D v5 versions of the plane. Furthermore, there is a Prepar3D v6 version planned and will be a free update for those who own the PD3v5 version.
We’ll keep you updated as usual. In the mean time, check out the last update by the team for Microsoft Flight Simulator.
- Added CPDLC AIR to AIR messaging (ATS FLT ID field must be already filled in from any CPDLC/ACARS page where the entry is shown)
- Added Navigraph Charts app (Navigraph subscription required) to EFB and updated documentation
- Fixed issue with track magenta line in PLAN mode not displayng correctly in certain situations
- Fixed issue with CR thrust sometimes higher then MCT thrust
- Fixed issue with bearing/distance fixes in certain dep/arr procedures
- Fixed issue in CMA900 FMS when exiting the PARALLAX page
- Fixed issue in CMA900 FMS of text — ROUTE DISCONINUITY — overlapping other waypoint data text
- Fixed issue in CMA900 FMS with ‘Larc’ or ‘Rarc’ text always written at position LSK1 regardless of the actual position of the dme arc final fix in the legs list
- Fixed issue in CMA900 FMS with holding entry
- Fixed issue of FMS turning in wrong direction for certain procedures
- Fixed issue with STBY ASI strip indicator
- Fixed issue with chrono showing wrong GMT in certain flights
- Fixed issue with Load Manager not able to change panel state if turnaround mode active
- Fixed issue with turnaround mode and GPU
- Fixed issue with GSX pushback when using tugs that lift the nosewheel
- Fixed speed issues while in holding
- Fixed missing ‘exec’ in holding exit logic and route changes in ND
- Fixed swapped mouse control for HFDS FPA knob in VFR mode
- Fixed a few typos in OM documentation
- Pressing the ‘+/-‘ FMS key will now correctly enter the ‘-‘ as first character in scratchpad