Building on the 737-600 release for MSFS, PMDG has also updated the 737-700. This parallel product release and update of the existing 737 variants will continue for the remaining products, ensuring each 737 has the same features and updates as each other.
Known as version 3.00.0031, the update brings various changes to the 737-700, including PMDG’s new Lateral Flight Path (LFP) simulation. The new LFP simulation updates how the flight management system works out and displays the magenta line and is more accurate than any other PMDG product to date. To complement these changes, the vertical profile simulation has also been significantly improved with greater accuracy and more consistent results, thanks to more accurate computations from the LFP simulation. PMDG has also improved the Flight Director’s lateral control module, providing more realistic bank angles, allowing the aircraft to better manage the lateral path.
Another update worth noting is a change to the brake pedal position module, rectifying problems relating to setting/releasing the parking brakes and the disengaging of the autobrakes. PMDG has provided the following important information on these changes:
- To set the parking brake, you must FIRST apply full brake then set the parking brake latch on the pedestal. The red light will illuminate, and the latch will be locked in place.
- To release the parking brake, you must apply full brake pressure.
- 0011439: [Systems – Wheels & Brakes] ABRK disengage circuit does not respect manual brake higher-pressure sensing limits before tripping autobrake (rsrandazzo)
- 0011333: [Systems – Wheels & Brakes] Parking Brake released when exit to menu and entering again in the sim (rsrandazzo)
- 0011390: [Systems – Wheels & Brakes] MSFS Parking Brake methodology needs replaced with customized real-world logic and release mechanism (rsrandazzo)
- 0011342: [AFDS – General] APP mode fails to Drop G/S when Nav Radio is detuned (emvaos)
- 0011658: [Virtual Cockpit – Geometry/Textures] InHG decimal arrow on standby altimeter does not line up properly with digit rollers (vscimone)
- 0011650: [Virtual Cockpit – Geometry/Textures] Build 30 BBJ – AUX Fuel tank panel displayed when no AUX fuel tanks installed (vscimone)
- 0011657: [General – Unsure] PMDG Mouse option Outflow Valve Manual operation (hvanrensburg)
- 0011186: [Main Panel – Standby Gauges] standby altimeter wrong indications when below 0 (vscimone)
- 0011609: [AFDS – Roll Modes] Smoothing control wheel movement with AP ON (emvaos)
- 0011193: [Main Panel – MCP] Selecting V/S “0” shows “0000” instead of blank (abashkatov)
- 0011164: [Main Panel – MCP] Selecting VS “0” should show blank Display not “000” (abashkatov)
- 0011654: [Virtual Cockpit – Geometry/Textures] Aft overhead annunciator next to No1 EEC should be Engine Control not Reverser (vscimone)
- 0011631: [External Model – Geometry] BDSF nose wheel does a 360 turn on full left rudder deflection (jbrown)
- 0011649: [Systems – Hydraulic] Alternate Brake system inoperative (rsrandazzo)
- 0011644: [Virtual Cockpit – Geometry/Textures] Digital Pressurization needle does not shut off when aircraft powered down (vscimone)
- 0011652: [General – Suggested/Missing Features] Misspelled Hudraulic in a checklist Item (cmakris)
- 0011647: [Virtual Cockpit – Geometry/Textures] On row D of the upper FO’s breaker panel, there’s an errant line that intersects with the ‘S’ in “FMCS”. (vscimone)
- 0011648: [Virtual Cockpit – Geometry/Textures] Text overlap on FO’s breakers (vscimone)
- 0011400: [Systems – Fire Protection] BDSF Cargo Detector fault light always ON (rsrandazzo)
- 0011626: [Virtual Cockpit – Functionality/Click-Spots] Analog altimeter baro knob does not rotate (vscimone)
- 0011630: [Virtual Cockpit – Geometry/Textures] MCP lights also illuminates the topside of the glareshield (vscimone)
- 0011643: [Virtual Cockpit – Geometry/Textures] AFDS flood does not illuminate STD and RST buttons (vscimone)
- 0011640: [Virtual Cockpit – Geometry/Textures] PSI missing from duct press gauge (vscimone)
- 0011590: [General – Documentation] Introduction manual amendment regarding FMC spec (hvanrensburg)
- 0011629: [Systems – Hydraulic] PTU Inoperative in Auto Slat function (rsrandazzo)
- 0011628: [Systems – Fire Protection] Overheat Detection auto reconfiguration not currently working (rsrandazzo)
- 0011627: [Systems – Fire Protection] Fire/Overheat detection Fault light behavior incorrect (rsrandazzo)
- 0011454: [Systems – Hydraulic] refill hydraulics not working as expected (rsrandazzo)
- 0011620: [Systems – Fire Protection] Duct Leak/Overheat test comes on too fast when tested (rsrandazzo)
- 0011623: [General – Documentation] Slight typo in EULA in new -700 install… 029 release (rsrandazzo)
- 0011509: [General – Suggested/Missing Features] Emergency Exit Light Switch not working correctly with PMDG Mouse clicking Method (hvanrensburg)
Updates and Marketplace
In other PMDG 737 news, the release of product updates is now accelerating as the team have overcome many of the larger teething issues seen with bringing the 737 series to MSFS. This means new features, changes, and fixes will be released quicker than before. Though no previews have been shown this time, the Universal Flight Tablet is to imminently enter the testing phase.
PMDG has confirmed the 737-700 is finally coming to the MSFS Marketplace within the next few days and is now waiting on final approval from Microsoft.
As always, FSElite will bring you the latest PMDG news when it happens.