A new update for Microsoft Flight Simulator has just been released for both PC and Xbox Series X|S users. The new update brings the simulator to version 188.8.131.52 and acts as an update to Sim Update VII that was released late last year.
The new update addresses a number of issues that have been in the simulator for a little while, including some recent bugs that caused some issues with weather. Some of those issues improved with the weather include a fix for temperatures above FL450, live weather clouds now show as fog when on the ground, along with fixes to 10SM METAR visibility.
Other improvements are also welcome for VR users, along with fixes for TrackIR. A number of fixes were also issued for various aircraft and the world saw a colour banding issue fixed. Finally, AIRAC cycle 2113 has been made available.
The full changelog is below.
This update will tie us over now until World Update 7 drops later this month (January 25th to be precise). When World Update 7 does release, we’ll be able to explore Australia and New Zealand in high-quality detail, whilst also checking out the next Local Legend produced by Orbx.
Microsoft Flight Simulator Version 184.108.40.206 Changelog
- Several crashes have been fixed across the title
- Improved management of high proximity METARs to avoid hard weather transitions
- Fixed abnormal temperatures above FL450
- Fixed custom weather preset save data
- Live Weather clouds on ground should now be displayed as fog
- Rain and fog now correctly receive shadows from clouds above
- Fixed “10SM” metar visibility
- Fixed live weather refering to AMSL instead of AGL
- Fixed the issue that prevented interactions with the toolbar in VR
- Added some of the VR controller specific controls (e.g. switch between proxi and raycast modes) that were not available in the binding menu
- Fixed the rotate and drag buttons that did not respond well with WMR VR controllers
- VR controllers are now working when using Legacy cockpit interaction system
- TrackIR support has been fixed
- Fixed unable to pan / drag WorldMap using a custom mouse profile. Add a slot in Control Menu
- Fixed HUD shader support for for 3rd party planes
- Fixed Reverse Throttle
- Fixed livery overriding mechanism for WASM modules
- Fixed glass cockpit remains off when starting from cold & dark for the Volocity
- Fixed white rendering of the Copilot HUD in the Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner
- Fixed an issue where roads could blink
- Fixed color banding introduced in Sim update 5
- Performance optimization for Reno multiplayer races
- Reno stands are no longer misplaced during RTC
- Fixed “Too high” notification when starting a time trial
- Assistances preferences should no longer be set to Easy without user’s input
- Localization update across all supported languages
- Fixed crash when loading a project
- Fixed aircraft no longer compiles because of glTF errors
- Fixed game crashing when trying to add a PaintedHatchedArea in the Scenery editor
- Changed “Parking not linked to the main graph” to warning
- Fixed disabled interactions with the sim when Aircraft Editor is open
- Ignore null-size flags file (avoids invalid materials)
- Fixed newly created project XML file path in PackageBuilder
- New AIRAC cycle 2113 is now available