The release of Jacksonville International several weeks after its announcement marks FSDesign’s third Florida airport, after Pensacola International and Marathon International.
For those that don’t know, Jacksonville International Airport serves both civil and military aircraft and is located in Jacksonville, a city in the north of Florida close to the border of Georgia, USA. The airport was originally constructed in 1965 to shuttle military personnel to naval bases in the vicinity. Aside from a plethora of civilian airliners flying in and out of Jacksonville, the airport also serves the 125th Fighter-Interceptor Group of the Florida National Guard (FANG). That means it’s not too uncommon to see F-15C and F-15D Eagle aircraft flying out of the airport alongside the typical airliners you would naturally expect.
Naturally, FSDesigns brings this airport to life with high quality 3D modeling, custom PBR ground textures, terminal interior, dynamic lighting, and more. Check out the full feature list below for more detail. If you’re a regular on either X-Plane 12 or X-Plane 11, you can purchase the airport directly from simMarket for €15.99 or $17.09 (including VAT).
- High quality 3D modeling
- Fully custom realistic PBR ground textures
- Highly optimized terminal interior
- Custom cut high resolution ortho imagery
- Extremely optimized for FPS
- Accurate up to date airport layout
- SAM jetways with DGS
- Highly optimized 3D vegetation
- Accurate dynamic night lighting
- High attention to detail with wear and tear effects using the latest texturing technology