The Fenix Simulations A320 has received its first update, just a few days after its initial launch. The new update addresses a number of community-found bugs and a handful of requests that improve on the high-fidelity A320 for Microsoft Flight Simulator.
Version 22.214.171.124 is the result of feedback left to the team following the release of the aircraft earlier this week.
One piece of common feedback revealed not long after launch was the lack of gamepad controller support. This has been fixed with this new update with default key binds working out of the box. Keyboard rudder support has been added, along with new keyboard throttle support.
The EFB also saw a few improvements as well. Some of the bugs with it glitching out have been fixed and rotation support for chart reading has been added. Also, if you use the EFB on an iOS device, you can now add it to your home screen for a full-screen experience.
For those on 4-core machines or low-end machines, performance has been improved. Speaking of performance, the contrails have been adjusted to reduce the impact. Performance improvements are due to be continued over the course of development for this plane.
Other bugs which have been addressed include an issue with anti-icing, the taxi lights turning off the cabin lighting and displays going haywire in some situations has also been fixed.
To update the Fenix Simulations A320, you can download a fresh installer from within your account or by clicking the notification icon from within the Fenix App on your desktop.
- Added gamepad controller support (default binds should just work out the box)
- Added keyboard rudder support
- Added keyboard throttle support, rebind Increase Throttle (small) and Decrease Throttle (small) to whatever you want. While holding key, movement will hold for 2 seconds at each detent
- Fixed anti-icing
- Fixed settings configs not being saved to default
- Added meta tags to enable “Save to Homescreen” on iOS, and fullscreen viewing
- Resized window to reduce instances of overflowing long TAFs/ATIS
- Fixed ECAM N2 display glitches
- Improved performance on low-end machines
- Fixed displays going haywire in some situations
- Fixed EFB switches glitching out
- Improved performance on 4-core machines
- Improved shutdown logic to Fenix App
- Fixed missing touchdown FX
- Reduced performance impact of the contrails
- Fixed taxi light turning off with cabin (Get it together Dave)
- Removed requirement to be plugged in for EFB to boot (should stop issues with people stuck in just fenix logo)
- Fixed doors doing their own thing
- Added ability to add to home on iOS and then use in full screen
- Added rotation function for charts (non touch devices only for now)
- Fixed runway waypoint showing as extra label on ND
- Changed install logic to better handle “Invalid Directories” issue with main installer & Livery Manager