Scenery developer Aviation-Sim-Design has released a new airport for Microsoft Flight Simulator via the Aerosoft store. Norden-Norddeich (EDWS), an airfield in northern Germany, occupies the northernmost part of the Landkreis Aurich. Furthermore, Norden-Norddeich is set to become the operational hub for NHC Northern Helicopter, an aerial rescue organization that will transport injured individuals from the wind farms to mainland hospitals in the vicinity.
Features include detailed 3D buildings with interior modelling, PBR texturing on all objects and realistic night lighting. There is also custom aerial imagery for the whole airfield, numerous animations in and around the airport, and also a number of static aircraft spread throughout.
- Highly detailed 3D buildings with interiors for the terminal, HTM and FLN hangar
- Realistic PBR textures on all objects
- Static aircraft with real liveries (BN-2, H145, Cessna)
- True-to-original taxiway and runway materials
- Realistic nighttime lighting (based on time of day)
- Custom made aerial view for the entire airfield
- PDF manual (English and German)
- Various animations, e.g. static helicopters being moved in and out of the hangar, traffic, barriers, gates etc.
- Up-to-date layouts for the taxiways and runways
- Custom made vegetation, roads and terrain / detailed trenches around the airfield
- Optimized for peak performance and visual quality
- Parking lot with cars at the port / town of Norden
- Models and textures based on on-site photos
- Usable helipads