The Cessna 172 is the worlds most produced aircraft, with over 44,000 aircraft built from 1955 until the present day.
AirFoilLabs has chosen to recreate the Cessna C172S, the only C172 still in production, to the highest level of detail for X-Plane and is considered ‘Study Level’.
The aircraft will be equipped with the Garmin G1000 avionics suite, accurately modelled systems, sounds and 3D model as well as over 175 individual component failures and modelled damage to create a challenge when flying.
Through four years of development, the aircraft is now ready for release and will be made available to purchase from tomorrow, the 14th December. The pricing is confirmed to be at $49.95 USD which converts to around £37.80 or €44.30.
We will, of course, keep you updated as to when you will be able to purchase the AirFoilLabs Cessna Next Generation C172 for X-Plane.
- 3D Model based on real aircraft and rebuild from the ground up
- Exquisite PBR Texturing
- Lycoming IO-360-L2A with all engine parts
- Engine Heater, GPU, Refueling details, Fuel Sampling, Oil Management
- Covers, Chocks, Tiedowns
- Interior with many animations, vibrations, zero-G floating objects, baggage, and more
- Damaged Aircraft Parts
- Many detailed passengers and pilots
- Rain, Fogging, Icing, Broken Windshield
- Custom Particles Effects
- 48 Liveries
- HDR Lighting System
- More than 320 sounds + detailed layered engine samples with audible failures simulation
- All animations, movements, and situations are producing sounds
- Weather effects outside and inside of the aircraft
- Detailed Damage Simulation as Bending of the wings, Overspeed Flutter, Flaps damage, etc.
- Flight Model is influenced by – Vortex Generators, Flap Gap Seals, Bush Wheels, Fairings, Broken Windshield, etc.
- Custom Fuel System Simulation including fuel flow and individual components logic and failures
- Detailed Landing Gear Damage – Bending Struts, Tire Wear, Flat Tire, Brakes, etc.
- Flight Controls Damage simulation
- Simulating All Circuit Breakers, Electrical Components Failures, Short Circuits
- Custom Busses, Fuses, Corrected Voltages, Amps, Batteries, behaviors, etc.
- Plugin Based Custom Engine Components Simulation and Wear
- Per Cylinder Simulation of Temperatures, Wear and Failures
- Custom Oil Temperature, Pressure Simulation
- Custom Per Cylinder EGT simulation
- 2 Magnetos and 8 Individual Spark Plugs Simulations
- Spark Plugs Fouling Simulation
- Additional Engine Components Wear and Failure Simulation
- 175 Individual Components Simulated
- Components Wear and Failures are influencing each other
- Components State Saving Option
- Failed at Altitude ASL/AGL Option
- 30 Scenarios Provided
- Instant Loading of Aircraft States: Cold&Dark, Before Start, Before Taxi, Before Takeoff
- PFD, MFD, Audio Panel, Switches Panel, Standby Instruments, CBs, Throttle Quadrant, Pedestal, Electrical System, Engine with animations 2D Panels
- Complex Failure Management System
- Remote Control for Airfoillabs Hangar at KAWO airport
- Automated Checklists with Performace Calculators (Takeoff, Landing, Cruise)
- Preparing Support for RealSimGear Hardware at the beginning of 2022.
- Custom Alerts, Caution, and Warning System
- Simulating Loading Sequence and Instruments Initialisations
- G1000 Components Failures simulation
- Manual Towing
- Exterior Manual Check of Flight Controls
- Manual Fuel Sampling