Scenery developer Roman Design has released Victorial International Airport for Microsoft Flight Simulator.
Victoria Intl Airport (CYYJ) is located around22 kilometers north of Victoria, Canada, it serves as the main airport for the Greater Victoria region on Vancouver Island. it’s the 11th busiest airport in Canada and serves airlines such as Air Canada, Alaska Airlines, WestJet, and Pacific Coastal Airlines. It has also plenty of cargo and general aviation operations.
Many immersion-enhancing buildings and features in the area were recreated – such as the BC Aviation Museum, highway signs and advertising billboards, streetlights and much more.Product Page
The feature list is pretty comprehensive from Roman Design. There are 50 hand-crafted airport buildings, many of which have interior modelling, passengers and tinted windows for a realistic effect. Victoria Flying Club has been fully modelled, along with 6 open hangars that all have parking spots.
Custom work has been done on the runways, the taxiways and the signage in and around the airport. All of this has been done to create an authentic look for the Canadian airport. You will also be able to spot hundreds of objects scattered around the airport, along with animated flags and local advertisement signs.
Right now, Roman Design’s Victoria International Airport is available through their website. It will also be coming to OrbxDirect and the in-sim Marketplace soon. It is available now to buy for $23.99 Canadian.
- Custom high-resolution PBR materials
- Over 50 hand-crafted airport buildings meticulously modelled for full immersion
- Terminal building with interior modelling, tinted windows, and passengers throughout the terminal
- ATC Tower with interior modelling
- 6 Open hangars with interior modelling and starting spots. Interior hangar starts are designated the first numbers of the respective parking area: E Parking 1,2; SE Parking 1,2,3; SW Parking 1
- Victoria Flying Club – detailed interior modelling, static aircraft and multiple starts. Accurate apron markings and detailed area modelling
- Handcrafted Runways with custom authentic striped markings, detailed textures and true-to-life (and charts) lighting – they now look like a Canadian runway should look
- Custom taxiways with filly authentic custom ground markings true to life and charts
- Custom taxiway night lighting
- Custom taxiway signs and markings – taxi in confidence
- Custom aprons with authentic hand-made ground markings and wear and tear
- Custom runway approach lighting true to life and charts
- Parallax windows on all buildings with reflective glass and night lighting, based on custom 3D room interior renderings
- Multiple signs with emulated fluorescent night backlighting, 3D modelled letter-shaped signs, and other custom signage throughout the airport
- Custom night lighting throughout the airport and area, including hangar exterior and interior lights
- Hundreds of objects placed throughout the scenery to create an immersive experience
- Animated flags that respond to wind direction
- Two flashing beacons with their buildings are placed on top of surrounding hills as shown on the charts for visual navigation
- Fixed numerous MSFS elevation bugs (elevated lakes) around the airport area