Orbx has released their long-awaited rendition of Melbourne International Airport (YMML) for Microsoft Flight Simulator.
Melbourne International Airport, also known as Tullamarine Airport, is the primary international airport serving the city of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, and is located approximately 14 miles northwest of the city centre. Opening in 1970 replacing Essendon Fields Airport (Orbx’s Home) it has since become one of the busiest airports in Australia and the second busiest in terms of passenger traffic. It is an airline hub for Jetstar, Qantas, Rex Airlines, and Virgin Australia and is one of the bases for the relatively new low-cost airline, Bonza.
At present Melbourne has around 74 destinations in 20 countries with the longest route to and from Melbourne being Dallas Fort-Worth, at 7814 miles non-stop operated by a Qantas Boeing 787-9.
Orbx rendition of Melbourne has been meticulously recreated and includes high-resolution PBR texturing throughout, interior terminal modelling of departure lounges, functional VDGS, custom animations, custom ground poly as of May 2023, crisp satellite imagery, custom ground clutter, custom POIs such as hotels, car parks and stores, LOD performance optimisation throughout, and a custom GSX profile by RW Profiles.
You can purchase Melbourne International Airport (YMML) for Microsoft Flight Simulator from Orbx Direct for $34.95 AUD (approximately US$23.93 | €21,91 | £18.70).
- Detailed depiction of YMML airport
- Realistic custom ground poly reflecting layout as of May 2023
- PBR texturing throughout
- Interior terminal modelling of departure lounges
- VDGS and custom traffic animations
- Crisp satellite imagery
- Custom taxiway signs and lighting
- Detailed recreation of Melbourne Jet Base with an interior and static model of the restored DC-3, Kanana
- 100s of cluttered objects
- Includes custom POIs such as the Airservices Australia compound, landside hotels, car parks, Maccas and Mercedes-Benz dealership with helipad
- The entire airport is optimised with LODs
- Includes a GSX profile by RW Profiles, Melbourne tour mission and C172 livery