Orbx has released their updated rendition of Yorkshire’s largest airport, Leeds Bradford V2 for Microsoft Flight Simulator.
The regional airport in the heartlands of the British Isles was one the very first sceneries to be released for Microsoft Flight Simulator. Though impressive on its release in 2020, the visual quality of the assets in the original version now show their age to the point where Orbx deemed it necessary to go in and give the product a major overhaul.
Previously known as Leeds and Bradford Municipal Aerodrome or Yeadon Aerodrome, EGNM airport offers breath taking views from your cockpit on final approach, as it’s surrounded by green fields and a small town.
The airport is the ideal place to travel in the North of England because it welcomes a variety of airlines and aircraft types on a daily basis. Since Doncaster Sheffield Airport closed in November 2022, the airport has seen an increase in traffic as most of its flights were rerouted to EGNM, adding new routes to destinations in Romania and Poland and drawing in more travellers.
The new ‘V2’ scenery includes:
- Up to date 2023 airport layout
- Fully re-worked PBR ground poly
- Accurately placed custom lighting with realistic color temperatures
- LOD (Level of Detail) optimisations throughout to ensure best performance
- Animated custom jetways
- Highly detailed ATC tower interior with animated air traffic controllers
- New detailed drop off area
- Detailed walkway interior with realistic signage and night lighting
- New baggage facility extension
- Custom stop bars with on and off functionality based on distance
- Custom runway guard lights (wigwags)
- Hand placed animated horses
- Detailed spotting area west of runway 14
- Updated bendy busses, fuel station, barriers, signage, fences and awnings
Leeds Bradford V2 is available now from the Orbx website for £14.27/€16.64 excluding local taxes for new owners. Customers who bought the original V1 rendition of the airport can upgrade for approximately £4.00/€5.00