Milviz has released its long-awaited Porter PC-6 for Microsoft Flight Simulator. The aircraft was first blown in 1959 and has gone onto becoming an incredibly popular aircraft that has served multiple roles. From being in the military and delivering supplies and cargo drops, to being used as a sky-diving work-horse, the PC-6 is an extremely versatile aircraft.
As this is Milviz’s second Microsoft Flight Simulator, many new skills and techniques have been picked up to make this an immersive experience. The aircraft comes with high-resolution interior and exterior modelling, high-quality PBR texturing and extremely detailed animations. External elements such as tie-downs, chocks and covers are also interactive. The sound set has been professionally recorded from a real-life PC-6 and the in-built EFB allows you to swap between wheels and skis at a moments notice.
Milviz has worked with numerous real-world pilots to help create an authentic flight model. You will be able to fly all kinds of manoeuvres as well as short take-offs. Furthermore, you will be able to engage Beta mode and turn the prop into an air brake. All of this has been modelled with accurate flight dynamics, engine behaviour, and realistic start-up procedures. Other cool features include the ability to randomly select the number of passengers and cargo, swap between two cabin configurations and also use functional trap doors with visual effects of dropable cargo.
It is worth noting that this is a Stage 1 release, with promises from Milviz to add additional content in the future. Following this release, Milviz says that Stage 2 will come with separate models with floats and tundra tires, along with a more historic representation of the Porter cockpit with steam gauges and multiple radio options. When Stage 2 does come out, the price of the Porter PC-6 will increase accordingly, but those who bought it before the additional content will be entitled to the extra stuff for free.
You can buy the Milviz Porter for Microsoft Flight Simulator now from their website for $29.99 USD.
- High resolution interior and exterior model, with high quality PBR (Physically Based Rendering) materials used for realistic effects and reflections.
- Detailed animations throughout the aircraft, including cabin and cockpit doors, storm window, trap doors, windshield blinds, instrumentation, and more.
- External interactive details such as chocks, tie downs, and covers lend a sense of purpose and immersion to your start-up and shutdown experiences.
- Skis can be outfitted on the PC-6 to allow for exciting adventures off of the beaten path!
- Functional trap doors complete with the visual effect of dropable cargo!
- Configurable external fuel tanks with properly emulated fuel pump behaviour and annunciations.
- Dynamic and fully adjustable cockpit and cabin lighting for atmospheric night flying.
- Professionally recorded sound set from a real world PC-6 specifically for this release so as to provide the utmost in immersion.
- Fully supports MSFS visual icing effects. The PC-6 is not rated for flight into known icing conditions, so be cautious!
- Two distinct cabin configurations for hauling either passengers or cargo.
- Highly detailed tablet is present in the aircraft to allow for in-depth configuration of your flight, including randomized passenger loads and a dynamic cargo system which adjusts the loaded weight and visual appearance in an intuitive manner.
- Fully interactive checklist based on proper standard procedures for the PC-6. Includes custom camera behaviour for ‘walkaround’ interactivity with external aircraft elements!
- Accurate flight behaviour, including realistic stall modelling and beta simulation. Beta mode can be entered into under correctly controlled circumstances while in flight to allow for heart stopping dives while staying within the allowable range for flaps extension.
- Correctly replicated turboprop start up requirements have been implemented, allowing for varying ITT temperatures, up to and including catastrophic hot starts!
- Engine behaviour has been tuned and tested within the limitations of the default turboprop simulation to allow for a believable and approachable emulation of the well known PT6A-27.
- Custom skydiving altimeter included in the passenger configuration which is able to be zeroed to field elevation.
- Equipped with default avionics (G1000, KAP140, KR87 ADF) to allow for a wide range of functionality while providing a path for future simulation capabilities.
- 8 HD liveries