After only officially announcing it earlier this week, iniBuilds has released Southampton Airport (EGHI) for Microsoft Flight Simulator.
Southampton Airport opened in 1912 and like many other U.K. airfields served an important role during the war years when it became RAF Southampton. It saw a number of commercial ventures throughout the 20th century following the defeat of the axis powers and today it serves airlines including Aer Lingus, KLM and EasyJet.
In terms of features, iniBuilds has implemented a range of modern tech into the UK regional airport. There are accurately modelled buildings (with interior), up-to-date signage, bespoke airport layouts and a range of fully modelled points of interest scattered around. The team has used the latest SDK techniques to ensure it is of good performance, which is further enhanced by the use of the iniManager. It’s also worth noting that the airport comes with the newly resurfaced and extended runway that opened just a few weeks ago.
- Hand crafted ground poly, textures with crisp, bespoke texture sets (Runways, aprons, paths, roads)
- True-to-life airport land side recreation with custom ground decals, signposts, vegetation, parking barriers and more
- Accurately modelled and positioned dynamic airport lighting
- Highly detailed models of all airport buildings, objects and surroundings
- Bespoke taxi signage as it is in the real world
- Up to date airport layout reflecting the current, real-world location
- Fully modelled local POI’s and surrounding buildings including Mercedes Garage, HSBC building, Premier Inn & Southampton Station.
- Level of Detail (LOD) optimisation for every model to encourage the best performance possible
- Use of the latest MSFS SDK features to allow for the best optimisation and performance possible
- Full iniManager compatibility to configure your scenery for the best possible performance for your system
- Custom GSX profile included
- Latest airport configuration including newly re-surfaced and extended runway that opened just this week!