Imaginesim has released a brand new free update to Atlanta Airport (KATL) for Microsoft Flight Simulator. The new update brings performance improvements, new modeling, and all-new bespoke jetway animations.
Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport is the busiest airport in the world by passenger traffic with about 110 million passengers in 2019 (Chicago O’Hare was the busiest by aircraft movement the same year). The airport has 5 runways. The passengers go through a unique terminal that holds a total of 7 concourses, all linked with the automated Plane Train.
There are “thousands” of improvements with this new update, including new landscaping, new modelling and using LOD techniques to ensure performance is as smooth as possible – even with complex airliner cockpits. They also use instantaneous scenery cache loading to help keep the impact on the simulator as low as possible.
You can get the update via the Imaginesim Operations Center or via the Marketplace (in a few weeks) if purchased via the simulator. if you haven’t already picked up a copy, you can do so from their store for £14.99.
- Fantastic performance with comprehensive optimization.
- New modelling and thousands of other improvements.
- Custom interactive SafeGateTM Visual Docking Guidance (VDGS).
- New landscaping, PBR and terrain modelling.
- Fluid usage, even with complex airliner cockpits and high density AI coverage.
- Interactive bespoke jetways and animations.
- Instantaneous scenery cache loading and low simulator impact.
- 15 square mile coverage of the KATL area.
- Graduated ground extremities to seamlessly blend with any vector driven add-on.
- Utilizes imaginesim’s bespoke Operations Center configuration GUI.