Whilst gliders are not officially part of Microsoft Flight Simulator, that hasn’t stopped third parties from stepping up to create their very own renditions for the sim. The now well-established team at GotFriends are back with a new premium product for their much-loved Discus-2c.
This glider is a single-seat, high-performance sailplane by Schempp-Hirth that combines state-of-the-art wing design and modern technology to provide pilots with a highly aerodynamic aircraft. The 18-metre version of the Discus-2c can reach a top speed of 174mph, allowing pilots to glide far and high effortlessly.
The new Discus-2c from GotFriends builds on the original freeware release by adding new features, custom motor controls and a new flight model that makes flying the glider as realistic as possible in the simulator. The new premium package includes the Discus-2c (original) variant and the Discus-2c (FES) motor variant, along with custom navigation and GPS displays. There is also a built-in winch launch and winch launch system as well as a built-in towplane that can be used either in multiplayer or with AI aircraft.
As with other Got Friends products, the Discus-2c comes with high-quality texture sets, detailed modelling and also plenty of system depth to keep you on your toes as you fly the glider. For those new to gliders, the in-sim checklist and tooltips will help teach you the plane. Finally, there is also a Got Friends Glider Club Airfield included which will act as the perfect take-off location for your new glider.
The Got Friends Discus-2c Premium for Microsoft Flight Simulator can be picked up right now from FlightSim.to for around $15.00. It will also be coming to the in-sim Marketplace for both PC and Xbox very soon. For those wanting to try out the glider beforehand, you can pick up a ‘try before you buy’ freeware version from FlightSim.to to whet your appetite.
- Discus-2c (Original) Variant
- Discus-2c (FES) Motor Variant
- Custom LX-Navigation and GPS-Navigation Display
- Built-In Winch Launch and Launch Vehicle System
- Built-In Towplane Connectivity to Multiplayer or AI Aircraft
- 4 Included Thermal Activated Weather Presets
- 4 Base + 6 Premium Liveries
- Custom FES Motor Control Unit with Realistic Thermal Dynamics
- Realistic Flight Model and Polar Curve
- Custom V8 Variometer with Customization, Sounds, Netto\/Total Modes, and MacCready Adjustment
- 8k/4k Texture Sets with High Quality 3D Modeling
- Cockpit Customization “On-The-Fly” including Canopy Tints
- Ballast Dump Management System
- Ballast Dump Effects, Vortices Effects, and Landing Effects
- In-Game Checklists and Tooltips
- Interactive Oxygen Tank System
- Custom High Quality Sounds
- Included Wing Wheels and Optional Navigation Lights
- Yawstring with Custom Animations
- Included Got Friends Glider Club Airfield
- Full Kinetic Assistant Compatibility
- Full XCSoar Compatibility