UK hardware manufacturer, Fulcrum, has opened up a new Kickstarter page to help fund a brand new all-metal construction 6-axis throttle set.
The Fulcrum One Throttle is a brand new product from the team that brought you the One Yoke. The all-metal construction means this yoke will be durable whilst having a realistic and smooth system for lever tensioning based on real aircraft mechanisms. Fulcrum also implements non-contact GMR magnetic sensors on each axis along with interchangeable lever tops for different aircraft types.
Right now, Fulcrum has already completed the design and proof of concept prototype of the One Throttle. The next stage is production testing, followed by then an extensive evaluation.
As for why Fulcrum has decided to go down the Kickstarter route, they said, “As a small company it is difficult to meet the cost of developing a new mechanical and electronic product. Moving from prototype to production in a reasonable time frame takes solid backing and a great plan so by backing us on Kickstarter you are directly helping our company to grow and bring this much asked for product to market.“
In order for the Kickstarter to succeed, Fulcrum will need to meet the funding goal of £50,000. There are currently three tiers available for those wanting to fund this Kickstarter:
- £10 or more will see receive a Fulcrum Simulator Controls Mug.
- £300 or more will see you receive a Fulcrum One Throttle. This is a limited deal and only 100 of these options exist.
- £349 or more will see you receive the Fulcrum One Throttle.
Providing that the Kickstarter reaches its goal, Fulcrum says that the One Throttle will then start shipping from November 1st 2022. Each backer will get their item delivered via UPS. It’s also good to note that the Fulcrum One Throttle comes with a 2-year warranty for defects and also lifetime support.
As with any Kickstarter project, there are of course risks. Fulcrum has acknowledged that the past few years has seen supply chain issues, but they are hoping to mitigate this by sourcing locally and setting a realistic timeframe. Also, using Kickstarter to fund the project, means that Fulcrum can order large quantities of parts upfront which will help keep costs down and remain on time.
If a Fulcrum One Throttle sounds like something you want to add to your flight simulator set up, then you can pledge your support to the Kickstarter campaign here. As mentioned earlier, only if the Kickstarter is fully funded will the campaign be a success and funds will be passed to Fulcrum. If you want to take part, you have until Sat, July 2 2022 7:00 AM BST to pledge your support.
- 6 analogue axis levers each with a reverse/cutoff detent.
- Non-contact GMR magnetic sensors on each axis as per our yoke.
- 6 two way momentary rocker switches.
- Adjustable angle of desktop mounting the lever action to allow for different aircraft types.
- Interchangeable lever tops for different aircraft type.
- Metal construction.
- Realistic and smooth system for lever tensioning based on real aircraft mechanisms.