FSimStudios and Texan Simulations have teamed up to bring Houston Hobby International Airport (KHOU) to Microsoft Flight Simulator. Officially named William P. Hobby Airport, after a former Texas governor, it’s Houston’s oldest commercial airport. After the opening of Houston Intercontinental Airport, Hobby Airport was initially closed. It reopened again a few years later, and nowadays Houston Hobby Airport sees a regular flow of passengers with the airport being a hub for Southwest. It also sees a number of other domestic airlines and private aviation.
The rendition by FSimStudios and Texan Simulations features and accurate and up-to-date rendition of the airport as it is in 2023, created with high quality modelling and PBR textures. Runway 17 has been completely removed, matching the plans for currently ongoing construction. The scenery also includes high resolution ground textures with ortho imagery. All of the concourses and terminal feature a detailed interior that can be toggled off if you like to do so for performance or other reasons. As a nice extra touch the teams have included Hobby Airport Double Tree Hilton, where FSExpo 2023 will kick off in just over a month’s time.
Hobby Houston Intl. Airport is available for $18.99 USD through the FSimStudios website.
- Codeveloped by FSimStudios and Texan Simulations
- Accurate rendition of Houston Hobby Airport, as of 2023.
- Complete Removal of Runway 17 to match plans for current construction.
- Custom Taxiway Signs
- Custom Ground Textures, with Discoloration to Match Real Life
- Improved High Res Orthographic Imagery
- Handmade PBR Textured Buildings (over 50 of them)
- Detailed Interiors for all the Concourses of the Terminal (you can also toggle them on and off).
- Updated AFCAD, including Taxiway Names and Parking Spots.
- Accurately modeled Terminal Building
- Hobby Airport DoubleTree Hilton, where the first day of the 2023 FSExpo will be held.