After releasing a trailer on social media, scenery developer Boundless has released Inverness Airport for XP11 and XP12.
For those unfamiliar with Inverness Airport (EGPE), it is located in northern Scotland and is considered to be one of the UK’s most northern airports. The airport mainly services major hub airports throughout the UK, with a handful of European international services. However, the airport’s short 6,191-foot runway means that service is limited to regional jets and the Airbus A320 and Boeing 737 aircraft families. There have been talks about building a new passenger terminal to meet anticipated growth, however, an official plan has yet to be announced.
Boundless’s rendition of Inverness Airport features the real-world layout of the airport, PBR materials on the buildings and ground textures, static aircraft, and more to fully immerse pilots into this challenging yet beautiful airport. For those using this product with XP12, you will be able to see rain and other weather-related effects on the ground textures depending on the season. Finally, Boundless included the Dalcross Helipad, located next to the airport, as an optional download in this package.
You can get your copy of Inverness Airport directly from Boundless’s website for £12.99.
- Real-world airport layout
- Up-to-date, HD ortho imagery
- 4K photorealistic textures
- PBR ground and building textures
- Dynamic night light based on real world color tones
- 3D hedges, grass, trees, and vegetation
- Nearby homes and farms modeled
- Rain and seasonal effects on ground (XP12 only)
- HD, PBR static aircraft (general aviation & airline)
- Custom HD PBR vehicles (airside and landside)
- Fully accurate ground markings, including accurately modeled cracks/wear & tear