Update @ 17-Mar-2022 @ 18:00z
Thank you for waiting on the site to go up and down. However, I believe we have reached a solid point now.
A few things to note:
- If you have an account, you should be able to login with your previous credentials. If not, you will need to reset your password.
- If you changed your password/linked a social account before 17th March 2022 @ 18:00z, then you will need to do it again. Sorry, but we lost this data in a migration to get a stable site.
- Your previous bookmarked history has been reset sadly, meaning you will need to re-bookmark content.
- We are working on restoring old comments to the site.
Thank you again for waiting and hope you enjoy this refresh which is packed with feedback from you guys.
== Original Article ==
We are hugely delighted to confirm that you are now reading FSElite version 3.1. Following our initial release of the new website in November 2021, we have spent weeks improving almost every aspect of the website.
All of the improvements are based on increased speed, better content visibility and a more user-friendly interface.
Many of the new features and changes were a result of the feedback we have received over the past few months and we’re extremely happy with the results. Below is just a snippet of those changes.
We are just ironing out a few kinks but we should be mostly there!
We are working on Version 3.2 already which will add more functionality and features.
Thanks for your support and time!
- Social login and registration – users can also link accounts if already registered
- Discover Page – Find the most popular news, the latest in specific categories and more
- ‘Promoted Products’ are available for developers to promote specific products or services and the community has better visibility on them
- Tags are BACK! Content will be tagged with specific #hashtags for you to find out more about that type of product/object/airport
- Donation tool – support our content creators by donating to them directly (optional)
- Website news and feedback implemented through Frill.co (click the chevron at the top and then click “website updates”
- Added snippet of text to each article on the home and archive pages to help you gauge what the content is about
- Site speed. Using new technology, better servers and utilising the cache better
- User Accounts are now called myFSElite – easily edit your details
- Icons and UI – more consistent and easier to navigate
- Article pages now have ‘updated’ timestamps so you know when an article has been changed
- Better search functionality
- Improved consistency on content/video pages
- Mobile and tablet views are VASTLY improved (iPad users rejoice)
- Dark mode is now pretty much complete. Still in beta due to a few conflicts.
- Dark mode is available for EVERYONE.
- Gallery images on articles now work
- ..many other issues. Too many to mention.