MSFS scenery developer SiamFlight, known for recreating other major Asian aviation hubs including Bangkok Suvarnabumi (VTBS) and Chiang Mai (VTCC), has released another scenery, this time focusing on Bangkok Don Mueang Airport (VTBD) for MSFS.
Bangkok Don Mueang Airport (VTBD) is one of two international airports serving the Bangkok metropolitan region. The airport holds the distinction of being one of the oldest airports in the world, having first entered into service in 1914 as a military airfield. Its commercial aviation history began a decade later in 1924 when the facility was converted for civilian use. Over the decades, it has undergone expansions and modernizations, solidifying its status as a pivotal air travel center for the region.
Presently, the airport boasts three terminals, catering to both domestic and international services. Notably, it serves as a hub for Thailand-based airline Nok Air, and operates as a base for both Thai AirAsia and Thai Lion Air. Additionally, other carriers offering services at the airport include Vietnam Airlines, providing flights to Da Nang, T’Way Air with service to Seoul-Incheon, and China Express Airlines, among others, offering service to Chongqing.
MSFS scenery developer, SiamFlight, has released their rendition of Bangkok Don Mueang Airport (VTBD) for MSFS users to explore. The developer touts a high level of detail, boasting custom-modeled airport buildings, animated jetways, high-quality custom ground textures, static objects, and additional surrounding buildings as noteworthy features. Despite its comprehensive nature, the developer has already outlined a future update roadmap. The primary focus will initially target the implementation of more static aircraft and objects around the RTAF and Police Wing zone, the incorporation of additional landmarks around the airport, and the inclusion of terminal interior details. Furthermore, the developer has expressed openness to user suggestions. Users are encouraged to reach out via email with any recommendations they may have.
I you want a new Asian destination to check out, then feel free to give SiamFlight’s Bangkok Don Mueang Airport (VTBD) a try by purchasing it via the developer’s simMarket online store page. The purchase will set you back $19.55 Exc. VAT.
- Domestic and international terminal detailed model with MSFS native materials
- RTAF military terminal 1 and 2
- RTAF zone buildings and hangars
- South cargo terminals
- South private terminal buildings
- North service hangars and private jet terminal
- Bhumibol Adulyadej hospital
- Custom animated jetways to match real ones
- Runways and taxiway are properly named and connected
- Full airport service as required
- Matches parking gate numbers in both the Civil and RTAF zones
- Hand-placed taxiway guidance signs
- Hand-placed taxiway and runway lights system, taxiways center, taxiways edge, taxiway lead-off, stop bar. etc.
- Custom ground texture
- Static objects around the airport
- Taxiways, aprons, and runways match the real airport