Global Forests first made its way to X-Plane 11 in the form of three volumes covering Europe, North America, and Asia-Oceania. For their release on X-Plane 12, GeoReality chose to package all three volumes into one product. The package installs trees that are specific to each region featuring accurate natural forest tree representation with custom variation, tree density, tree type, and tree height.
You can purchase this scenery add-on for $15 USD on the X-Plane Store. For a full list of features, see below.
- Accurate representation of the global forest footprint in X-Plane 12, according to global data
- More than 400 .for files, with unique combination of tree type, variation, density, and height, based on real-world data
- Tree type and classifications according to global data
- Tree height information has been analyzed from global maps and infused into Global Forests
- Seamless integration with Ortho4XP, or any other package that includes satellite images
- Seamless integration with default X-Plane 12 terrain