Scenery developer Aviotek Simulation has released Frankfurt Airport (EDDF) for X-Plane 11 and X-Plane 12.
Frankfurt Airport is Germany’s busiest airport with over 65 million passengers passing through it each year. It serves as Lufthansa’s largest hub airport, but also plays host to a number of other airlines, transporting passengers all over the world.
Aviotek says, “this project has been developed with the scope of taking the user experience to a completely new level. The extreme amount of details reproduced in this scenery will make you feel like you are there.”
Features include custom animated jetways, over 150,000 hand-placed objects, and extensive use of PBR material throughout. In addition, the team has included 15sq km of photoreal scenery to help ensure the scenery looks even more authentic when departing and arriving into the airport. HDR night lighting also is used to help immerse simmers fully into the experience.
You can buy Frankfurt Airport now from Orbx for $41.00 AUD (approximately US$27.40 | €25,78 | £22.56).
- An extremely high detailed rendition of Frankfurt International Airport.
- Highly detailed apron, airport layout and terminal buildings.
- Custom animated jetways (compatible with SAM).
- Up-to-date custom taxiway and runway signage.
- More than 15 sq. Km of custom hand-placed high-resolution photoreal.
- Custom animated airport vehicles and highway traffic.
- More than 150.000 custom hand-placed objects.
- Hand-made terrain and runway profiles made using our proprietary software Augmented Terrain Profile Editor.
- Extensive use of the latest PBR technology and 4K textures.
- Realistic HDR night lighting to match the real-world environment.
- Large amounts of GSE and custom airport vehicles to bring immersion to a whole new level.
- Accurately placed custom static aircraft.