Developer VSKYLABS has released version 1.0 of their Aeros-2 Ultralight Trike for X-Plane 11.
The ultralight glider is described as a high end simulation of the Aeros-2 Trike, and is powered by a Rotax 503 50hp engine. Often used for basic hang glider trike training, the real-life physics that have been incorporated allow for advanced control and handling characteristics.
The ultralight also has options that allow the extra passenger to be removed, a built-in Ballistic Magnum 450 rescue system, and a system specifically tailored to VR.
The ultralight also includes built-in Avitab plugin compatibility, and includes the STMA auto-updater plugin, which allows all future updates to be added without needing to download the entire base package.
Version 1.0 of the ultralight hang glider is a free update to all existing VSKYLABS Hang Glider Project customers and the product can be downloaded from your store account. New customers can purchase the product for $20 USD from the x-plane.org store.
Project’s Main Features
- VSKYLABS development for X-Plane approved by ‘Aeros Ltd’ company (however, it is an independent VSKYLABS project, not affiliated and/or endorsed with/by ‘Aeros Ltd.’)
- High end simulation of the Aeros-2 Ultralight Trike, powered by a Rotax 503 50hp engine.
- Designed with the focus on control and handling characteristics, excellent for basic and advanced hang glider trike training / conversion from fixed wing aircraft.
- Real-Physics, incorporating weight shifting and wing simulation of a hang-glider trike.
- Additional passenger which can be removed, to simulate light vs heavy trike operations.
- Rescue system (Ballistic Magnum 450 system).
- Unique trike flying aspects are being simulated: stalls, slips, spins and tumbling.
- VSKYLABS ‘Test-Pilot’ Project: designed for use with X-Plane 11 cutting edge Experimental flight model environment, featuring a superb flight dynamics with authentic performance and flight handling characteristics.
- Built for VR: development was tailored specifically for VR, and optimized for 2D usage.
- Engineered and designed as a default X-Plane aircraft (Like all VSKYLABS projects). The VSKYLABS projects are practically show-casing X-Plane, as they are stretching X-Plane default features, systems and flight model to its limits…delivering a very robust simulation model, having maximum compatibility with the ever evolving X-Plane flight simulator.
- Pilot / Pilot+passenger configuration: The Aeros-2 is a two-seat trike. The VSKYLABS Aeros-2 is designed to allow single and dual pilot configuration. While flown light, or fully loaded, the VSKYLABS Aeros-2 is demonstrating authentic flight performance and handling characteristics, with realistic CG distribution.
- Built-in Avitab Plugin Compatibility (AviTab plugin is not included).
- STMA Autoupdater plugin is included – all updates are being pushed smoothly without the need to re-download the entire base package (base package will be updated every once in a while to minimize the gap).
- Highly responsive VSKYLABS support forums: Professional discussions which results in incorporating users feedback into the on-going scheduled development plan. Real-pilots inputs (as well as sim-pilots feedback) are always welcome, and in practice sets the the VSKYLABS projects within solid, professional margins over time.
- The project is under constant maintenance and development – updates are free.