Those looking to explore Germany will be able to now take off and land at the latest airport from Sim-Wings and Aerosoft. Munich Airport (EDDM) is a major hub for Lufthansa, Eurowings and TUI with routes to airports across the world. In normal times, the airport sees over 48 million passengers pass through its doors annually. With two long runways, plentiful parking stands and facilities, the airport can accommodate a variety of aircraft sizes.
Sim-Wings has taken on the airport for the new simulator and has implemented a range of features to enhance the experience for simmers around the world. Surrounding the airport, custom aerial imagery has been implemented to integrate with the simulator, along with custom terraforming to blend the airport to the correct elevation model. The airport itself has extensive details throughout covering the various terminal buildings and cargo areas. Furthermore, the airport comes with animated jetways, realistic highlighting and built with the Microsoft Flight Simulator SDK in mind. It should be noted that functional safegates will be integrated once a solution is provided by the SDK.
You can buy Sim-Wings / Aerosoft Munich Airport from Aerosoft’s store for €20.97 (excluding tax). Those who own the Prepar3D version can upgrade to the Microsoft Flight Simulator version for €13.42 (excluding tax).
- Highly detailed scenery of Munich Airport
- Custom aerial photo for the airport, elaborate retouching and color-correction for a true display
- Seamless transition to the default simulator landscape
- Terraforming to blend airport into default elevation model
- Detailed taxi, ground lines and stands according to current maps
- Taxiway bridges across the access roads
- Centerlines adapted on T1 (there will be an update for the construction site area as soon as the buildings are completed in real life)
- Extremely detailed Munich airport buildings with interiors (airside) and all additional buildings
- Complete freight area with container storage, hangars and buildings
- Animated jetways
- Many static apron vehicles
- Realistic night time dynamic lighting
- MSFS SDK materials (PBR
- Note: Functional Safegates (VDGS) will be integrated as soon as there is a reliable technical solution by the MSFS SDK