Pilot Plus revealed that extensive work for London Wycome Airpark had been undertaken to bring it to Microsoft Flight Simulator. As of today, the airfield not far from London has been released.
Wycombe Air Park from Pilot Plus features PBR materials, detailed 3D modelling and plenty of other small details that Pilot Plus is known for with their airfield releases. The scenery introduces dynamic rain hitting the glass of the air traffic control tower. As shown in the video, when the rain comes pouring down on the glass (not uncommon in the UK…), the water will land, roll and bounce realistically off of the surface. You can see the feature in action in the video below.
You can buy Pilot Plus London Wycombe for Microsoft Flight Simulator from OrbxDirect $18.99 AUD (approximately US$13.88 | €11,72 | £10.68).
It will also be released through the Microsoft Flight Simulator Marketplace and also the Pilot Plus shop come October. Those customers who have purchased Wycombe Air Park before will receive a 25% discount (although it’s unclear if that applies to all stores or just selected ones).
- A unique and charming countryside atmosphere with highly detailed 3D modelling
- Full PBR Air park, including apron assets, buildings and ground
- Highly detailed hand painted environment (5cm per pixel)
- Dynamic rain on the control tower glass
- Includes local VFR landmarks used when flying (Stadium, Golden Ball Church, Stokenchurch mast etc..)
- Hand coloured aerial imagery covering the airfield and surroundings (up to 12.5cm per pixel)