An extensive update for Orbx’s Australia V2 has been released. SP1 not only features a range of bug fixes, but also a range of new features including over 70 airports and airfields not included in the default FSX/P3D base simulator.
The post, shared by Ed Correia, talks about some of the new features amongst the changes. The city of Melbourne has had work including the addition of new custom buildings such as the Sealife Aquarium, Yarra helipad, Microflite Building and also the Gas Brigades Fire Show at Crown Melbourne on Yarra River Southbank.
In addition, nearly 2000 antennae, masts, smokestacks and fire towers have been added.
As for fixes, Ed listed a range of changes including improvements to ground textures and city models within Melbourne, fixed landclass in various locations, and fixes to various airports scattered around the country.
If you don’t own Orbx Australia V2 already, you can pick it up now from Orbx for $58.95 AUD.
- more than 70 additional airports, airfields, and seaplane bases not included in default FSX/P3D
- Cityscape Melbourne: new custom buildings of Sealife Aquarium, Yarra helipad, Microflite Building; Gas Brigades Fire Show objects (no dynamic effects) at Crown Melbourne on Yarra River Southbank
- photoreal saltpans and colorful lakes: added Lake Barlee, Lake Lefroy, Lake Darlot, Esperance Lakes, Lake Hillier, and Hutt Lagoon
- photoreal mines: added Christmas Creek, Cloud Break, Duketon, Lake Lefroy, Ernest Henry, Jacinth-Ambrosia, and Tropicana
- added close to 2,000 tall antennae, masts, smokestacks, firetowers, and power plant structures
Enhancements and bug fixes:
- Cityscape Melbourne: various improvements on ground textures, city models and autogen; fixed crash issues on city models
- fixed missing land south of Adelaide: https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/174419-aus-v2-south-of-adelaide-airport/
- landclass improvements for coal loading area at Abbott Point: https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/172071-australia-v2-area-12-james/
- removed farmland from Mt. Lindesay -28.3440549 152.71395 GOLD 8842: https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/183263-au2-mt-lindesay-nsw/
- fixed morphing textures west of Richmond AFB: https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/173939-au-australia-v2/?tab=comments#comment-1523547
- adjusted Lake Hamilton dry/wet areas: https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/174222-australia-2-lake-hamilton-lacks-water/?tab=comments#comment-1526511
- added missing rock textures at Newcastle: https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/173939-au-australia-v2/?do=findComment&comment=1527943
- fixed landclass issues at Alice Springs: https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/173939-au-australia-v2/?do=findComment&comment=1529053
- many landclass improvements throughout AU, especially in the transition area of subregions
- removed mesh spike at -28.1826 151.8907: https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/174682-ausv2-mesh-spike/
- corrected orientation of airport gable markers: https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/173876-orbx-au-v2-incorrect-gable-marker-orientation/
- YBWW Brisbane West Wellcamp; added runway lights: https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/175718-aus2-no-runway-lights-ybww/
- YTNB Tanbar; fixed crashes in P3D: https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/174235-crash-in-australia-v2-at-ytnb/
- YBGD Boolgeeda; added paved runway and improved local road system: https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/176177-boolgeeda-airport-ybgd-in-au-v2/
- YMBT Mount Beauty; added airport as requested: https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/175681-yhot-elevation-issue/?tab=comments#comment-1537614
- YMUL Murray Field; fixed invisible building: https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/176320-floating-buildings-australia-v2-ymul/
- YMHB Hobart; fixed incorrect displaced threshold: https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/174260-ymhb-in-australia-v2/
- YWBN Wedderburn; fixed reversed runway markings: https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/174006-mr/?tab=comments#comment-1524582
- YKBR Kalbarri; fixed reversed runway markings: https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/185877-ykbr-incorrect-runway-marking/
- YBGD Boolgeeda; changed runway type to paved: https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/176177-boolgeeda-airport-ybgd-in-au-v2/