As expected regarding yesterday’s final shots from Iain Eems, Orbx has just released their Scandinavian Mountains Airport (ESKS) for Prepar3D V4.
Developped by Marcus Nyberg, who is also the author of Orbx Gothenburg and Stockholm, the airport feature an incredible 3cm/pixel drone sourced imagery, 4K textures, PBR materials, custom dynamic night lighting, custom snow and weather effects, ground clutter, detailed modeling and much more.
You can read the interview with Marcus Nyberg that was conducted by FSElite in December 2019 here.
The Scandinavian Mountains Airport opened its door in December 2019, and is nocated next to the Norwegian border. It was put in service in order to serve the popular winter sports resorts of Sälen, Idre (both in Sweden) and Trysil in Norway. It was built over an old local airfield that was supported by the local land owners. It can handle heavy aircraft but currently only receives single aisle traffic from northern Europe. It uas a 2,800m / 8,500ft runway with a CAT III ILS. It is interesting to notice that the ATC tower is remotely operated from Sundsvall.
The Scandinavian Mountains Airport (ESKS) is available on Orbx Direct for AUD 34.95.
- Incredible drone-sourced 3cm aerial imagery
- The world’s newest international airport
- Stunning snow technology
- Dynamic weather-influenced ground textures
- Complete seasonal variants
- Interior modelling
- Advanced 4K materials, including PBR
- Colour-corrected coverage area at 7cm & 50cm res
- Custom static aircraft & GSE unique to ESKS
- Stunning night light lighting
- Custom GSX profile
- A short flight from ESGG, ESSA, ESNQ, ESSV & ESSD
- B737/A320/B747 capable
- Designed for P3Dv4 to blend seamlessly with Norway, Orbx Global Base and openLC Europe
- Painstakingly optimized for best performance
- From acclaimed developer Marcus Nyberg