Although announced initially during Flight Sim Show in Cosford earlier this month, Orbx has formally previewed the all-new TrueEarth US Northern California for X-Plane 11. Over 212,000 km2 of coverage will be included in this vast region, delivering high-quality orthoimagery, 3D objects and plenty of points of interest for simmers to explore.
As per previous TrueEarth regions, TrueEarth US Northern California will feature accurate looking trees, buildings and coastlines across the diverse region. The main feature points for the scenery include the city of San Fransisco being created in full PBR, along with other areas including Silicon Valley, Yosemite National Park and Mt Shasta.
The forums shared a huge range of previews to indulge you with, some of which we have shared below. Further to the previews, a coverage map was also provided highlighting areas such as San Fransisco, Sacramento, Yosemite and many more. Over 1000 points of interest will be available to go and explore in this package.
As with TrueEarth US Oregon, Northern California will be available in two packs; SD and HD. Both versions will feature the same amount of coverage, but the HD version will display the ground imagery will be as high as 1m/px, whereas the SD version will be 2m/px. This results in a smaller download/install size, but also still good quality to explore the region with.
You can read the full rundown on the Orbx forums. No word on a release, but hopefully it will be soon. Full feature list down below, also.
Orbx TrueEarth US Northern California Feature List
- 212,000 km2 of hand-corrected/cleaned aerial imagery in high-resolution 1m/px (SD Version 2m/px)
- Millions of individual autogen trees/shrubs, grouped by type and hand-corrected for maximum realism across the entire region
- Explore and soar over the stunning San Francisco Cityscape crafted with full PBR effects
- Over 970 custom PBR POIs placed around the state; including San Francisco’s Golden Gate Bridge, Silicon Valley and many, many more.
- Millions of themed and efficient PBR autogen buildings placed to match the aerial imagery across the entire region
- Built on a detailed 10M DEM to bring out great detail in the coastline and mountains
- Beautiful hand-cleaned water-masking, which blends in beautifully
- Blends in seamlessly with TrueEarth US Oregon to provide even more US coverage