After a few weeks of teasing, Just Flight has released their PA-38 Tomahawk on P3D and FSX. The PA-38 Tomahawk is a two-seater piston-engine with fixed landing gear is capable of flying a range of over 500 miles. It’s a great aircraft for training and touring thanks to its 112hp engine and lightweight design. As the product is based on a real-world, Tomahawk based in Goodwood Aerodrome (UK), Just Flight has worked to make sure that product is of a high standard with lots of neat details and features.
Just Flight’s PA-38 Tomahawk on P3D and FSX features a range of animations and additional modelling such as ground equipment like chocks and tie-downs, as well as, high definition textures internally and externally. If you’re using Prepar3D V4.4 or later, you can enjoy PBR materials. The cockpit features 3D instruments with smooth animations, dimmable instrument lighting, and a fully functional IFR avionics kit. Furthermore, there’s a panel state system perfect for those that like to return to the cockpit as they left it. If you’re learning the aircraft for the first time, then you’ll be pleased to hear there is an interactive checklist which guides you through the whole process for the aircraft.
Other special features include a custom-coded electrical and fuel system, spark plug fouling and also primer simulation for cold weather operations. There are 10 liveries also included to take to the virtual skies. These are just a few of the features included – you can find them all listed down below.
The Just Flight PA-38 Tomahawk is now available from Just Flight for £27.99.
An X-Plane version will follow soon.
- Accurately modelled PA-38 Tomahawk, built using real-world aircraft plans and comprehensive photography of the real aircraft
- Numerous animations including passenger doors, cockpit window, sun visors and engine exhaust
- Ground equipment including chocks and tie-downs
- HD textures are used to produce the highest possible texture clarity
- Bump and specular mapping used throughout the aircraft to produce a truly 3D feel
- PBR materials (requires P3D v4.4 or later)
- A truly 3D virtual cockpit right down to accurately modelled seat belts and screw heads – every instrument is constructed fully in 3D with smooth animations
- Authentic fuel and RPM gauge needle ‘wobble’
- Dimmable instrument lighting
- Cockpit textures feature wear and tear based on reference photos taken in the real aircraft to produce an authentic environment
- Interactive engine start checklist
- Interactive checklists for every stage of flight
- Panel state system which will automatically save the panel state whenever a flight is saved and reload the panel state whenever that flight is loaded
- Aircraft configuration system that will allow you to choose between ‘cold & dark’ or ‘ready for take-off’
- Fully functional and comprehensive IFR-capable avionics fit
- Flight computer panel with useful information such as fuel burn, endurance, speed and wind speed/direction
- Flight1 GTN and GNS integration in the virtual cockpit (Flight1 GTN/GNS sold separately)
- Custom-coded electrical system with functional circuit breakers for isolating instruments and systems
- Functioning carburettor heat and primer controls, including primer simulation for cold weather operations
- Failures including spark plug fouling, limited battery life, vapour lock and more
- Refill menu for quick and easy refilling of fuel and oil, and recharging of the battery
The PA-38 Tomahawk will be supplied with ten liveries.
- G-BNKH (UK)
- G-BMVL (UK)
- G-BNNU (UK)
- N2432G (USA)
- N7803Q (USA)
- D-EEQI (Germany)
- C-GTAO (Canada)
- F-HVFA (France)
- PH-MEC (Netherlands)
- VH-UFA (Australia)
- Realistic and accurate flight dynamics based on real-world performance and handling data, and input from pilots
- Authentic Lycoming O-235 sound set
- Custom sounds for switches, doors, primer control, wind noise and more
- Comprehensive manual with panel guide and performance data
- PSD Paint Kit included so you can create your own paint schemes