Aircraft developer IRIS Simulations has released its J160/170 for Microsoft Flight Simulator. The Australian aircraft is mostly used for recreational flying, flight training and surveying which makes for an exciting aircraft added to the world of Microsoft Flight Simulator.
The product features both the Jabiru J160 and the J170 in a single package and includes a variety of aircraft layouts. Plenty of attention has gone into the development of the aircraft including the flight model, which has been tested by various pilots, Developers IRIS Simulations has recorded the sounds directly from the aircraft itself. You will also be able to use an in-simulator menu to manage the aircraft and toggle on/off various visual elements of the aircraft. Finally, the product includes 16 high-resolution liveries to explore the skies with.
As a bonus to the product, IRIS Simulations has also included a bush trip to explore Gippsland Lakes, Eastern Victoria and other locations in and around the areas the development team hold close to their hearts.
The Jabiru aircraft are powered by 4 cylinders, 4 stroke 2200cc air cool engine which gives it a cruising speed of 100 knots whilst being economical also to fly. It’s got great handling for all types of flying and ideal for cross-country city viewings.
You can buy the IRIS Simulations through their website, or through a new partnership with Orbx via their platform.
On the IRIS store, it is $24.99 USD.
On OrbxDirect, it is $35.00 AUD (approximately US$24.90 | €21,02 | £19.09)
- Two airframes for the price of one! The Jabiru J160 & J170!
- Four custom instrument panels over a variety of aircraft layouts.
- A superb soundset recorded directly from the Jabiru engine using Wwise techniques.
- A BONUS Bush Trip! Explore the Gippsland Lakes area of Eastern Victoria and visit locations close to the heart of the IRIS Simulations team!
- High resolution paintkit available separately
- An in-simulator aircraft manager allows the user to toggle on or off various visual parts.
- A superb flight model for the light handling and excellent characteristics of the Jabiru J160 & J170 aircraft tested and flown by Jabiru pilots and instructors.
- A total of sixteen high resolution paint schemes over two aircra