Carenado has released the WYMF5 for Microsoft Flight Simulator. Based on the design of the 1934 Weaver Aircraft Company YMF model, the biplane features a seven-cylinder, air-cooled engine which can deliver 300 horsepower to the wooden propeller. The aircraft can cruise at a speed of 114mph with a range up to 432nm for 2 passengers. The aircraft is responsive to the smallest input making it a joy for pilots who like to complete aerial touring and even some basic aerobatics.
The aircraft product features engine and wind sound effects based and flight dynamics based on the real aircraft. The WYMF5 also features a detailed exterior model, PBR texturing and various animations within the aircraft. To help virtual pilots, Carenado has also included a custom tablet interface for controlling static elements and various starting options including cold and dark and ready to taxi. Carenado says that the aircraft has been tested by several pilots for “maximum accuracy.”
If you wish to own the aircraft, you can buy it now directly, and only, through the Micorosft Flight Simulator Marketplace. To buy the aircraft, it will cost you £12.49.
- Real engine and wind sound effects.
- Original HQ digital stereo sounds recorded directly from the real aircraft (engine, knobs, switches, buttons and different elements).
- Realistic flight dynamics compared to the real airplane. Realistic weight and balance. Tested by several pilots for maximum accuracy.
- Physically Based Rendering (PBR) materials and textures.
- PBR materials authored with industry-standard software used by the film and gaming industries.
- Tablet interface for controlling static elements, pilot, etc.l and starting options such as cold and dark and ready to taxi.