The Captain Sim team has updated their 757 Captain III on P3Dv4 and FSX to V1.5. The new update, freely available, adds a single new feature along with fixing other bugs and bringing various improvements.
The single new feature is the introduction for TA/RA mode C activation for flying online. You will need FSUIPC to enable this. As for fixes, the changelog indicates a few changes to the way in which HOLD, DES NOW and DES DIR are handled, along with a fix for changing between VNAC and FLCH modes.
Finally, the new update improves the FMC wind calculations, initial systems initialisations, and VNAV climb calculations.
You can find out more about the update on the SOP page of Captain Sim’s 757 Captain III product. You can purchase the base pack of the plane from Captain Sim for $75.70.
Thanks to Dave V for the tip.
- TA/RA mode C activation for flying online added. FSUIPC required.
- DES NOW
- DES DIR
- SPD RESTR entry in the VNAV DES page
- Forecast page manually entered altitude display
- SID/STAR P0/P0
- Waypoint VECTORS
- Switch from VNAV to FLCH Mode
- FMC wind calculation
- Initial systems initialization
- VNAV Climb calculation
- HOLD fuel/time calculation