Shortly after this September preview, A_A Sceneries has released their Kuala Lumpur International Airport (WMKK) scenery for FSX and P3D up to V4.5. The A_A Sceneries is an update of their 2010 release and renders the airport as it currently is, after the Kuala Lumpur International Airport Terminal 2, dubbed KLIA2 was inaugurated and the old low cost carrier was put out of use. While these changes date back to 2014 the airport never had a faithful rendition in the new sims. The scenery uses a 60cm/px imagery, custom ground poly with detailed markings and textures. The lighting system was also improved, replicating the true configuration of the airport. Finally, the airport uses SODE to render animated jetways and rain effects.
Opened in 1998, KLIA handles nearly 60 million passengers per year. It is home to Malaysia Airlines, Air Asia and Malindo Air to name a few ; it has also a focus city for parcel hauler such as UPS.
You can purchase the A_A Sceneries Kuala Lumpur Airport scenery on Simmarket for €19. Potential customers should note that the scenery is apparently not compatible with P3D V5 at the moment.
- High detail photo scenery with 60 cm/pixel resolution
- Ground poly of the runway and taxiways with high detail custom made textures.
- Almost all the buildings in the airports have been modeled to detail including Main Terminal, Satellite Terminal and Low Cost Carrier Terminal (LCCT) which is now converted to cargo area.
- Real 3D grass changes its color through the season.
- Custom made 3d taxiway edge lights. Light splash from light poles, illuminate the entire airport with realistic night light.
- Service vehicles in parking ramps.
- Real 3D ALSF-2 landing light system.
- Runway guard lights to all runway holding points.
- KLIA2 is New Terminals for low cost, budget airliners such as Air Asia, Tiger Airlines, Lion Air, Cebu Pacific, etc.
- Skybridge with lights that changes colors through times.
- KLIA express trains have extended their service to KLIA2 as well.
- Two versions in one product. You can switch between FSX and P3Dv4.5 by clicking on the batch file in the airport folder.
- This version is an update for previous version KLIA in 2010. The main updates are:
- Animated jetways through out the airport. Both KLIA and KLIA2 controlled by SODE
- Ground poly of the runway and taxiways with high detail custom made textures. P3D version have P3D material is used to have rain effect (water reflection), and bump mapping.
- There are puddles when it rains (only P3dv4.5 not possible in FSX version).
- Dynamic lights
- Water puddles during raining, but not possible in FSX version since it cause flickering.